Are dealing with SteelSeries GG not detecting devices when connecting a mouse, headset, or keyboard devices. If the SteelSeries devices don’t show up then it’s probably due to outdated drivers or unsupportive USB ports.
Many users have to face not detecting problems while using SteelSeries GG Engine which is an updated version of SteelSeries Engine. Most users can resolve the issue by entering this terminal command.
- enter ” netsh winsock reset ” in the terminal as admin
After this, try to update your driver or change your USB port to solve your SteelSeries GG engine not detecting the problem. In case, SteelSeries Arctis 7 Keeps Disconnecting then read this article.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
How To Fix SteelSeries GG Not Detecting Devices Mouse, Keyboard, And Headset
In case, you’re still dealing with SteelSeries GG Engine not detecting issues. Don’t worry, here we have some tested solutions which can solve your problem.
Fix 1. Update the SteelSeries Engine Software
Make sure your SteelSeries Engine software is up to date if SteelSeries does not detect a keyboard or mouse. It’s important that the latest version of the SteelSeries engine is installed which is called the SteelSeries GG engine.
You can download the SteelSeries GG engine from the official SteelSeries website. Follow the steps to download the SteelSeries GG engine from the official website.
- Click the FREE DOWNLOAD button and download the installer.
- Once the download is finished, click on the SteelSeriesGG4.0.0Setup file to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for installation.
- Open the SteelSeries GG app.
- If you don’t have the SteelSeries account, make an account or have an account then Sign-in.
- Make sure that your device is connected to a PC.
- From the left panel, Click on Engine
- You should see your connected device under the Gear tab.
If your SteelSeries device is not detected, continue with the rest of the fixes given below.
Fix 2. Reinstall your Device Drivers
The SteelSeries GG not detecting issues could mean that you’re using broken or buggy device drivers. You can fix this by reinstalling the device drivers. Follow the steps.
- Using the search functionality in Windows, search for “Device Manager” – click and open it (Note: If this does not work, search for “Control Panel” and navigate to Device Manager)
- Find the device in the device tree
- Right-click and select “Properties” (If there is a second or multiple entries related to the device, you will need to repeat this process.)
- Click “Driver” on the top toolbar and select “Uninstall (Advanced)” at the bottom.
- Ensure the checkbox is checked and uninstall the driver.
- Select Uninstall Device.
Once this process is done, re-plug your device, and the driver will reinstall.
Fix 3. Update your Drivers
Most of the time SteelSeries GG engine not detecting issue on Windows 10 PC arises on those PC that has outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. The latest drivers usually address most of the compatibility issues and that’s why you need to update the device driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 4. Check the Connection
In case the SteelSeries GG Engine not detecting issue remain and the headset won’t show up, whether you have a wired or wireless device. make sure that the devices are properly connected to the PC.
Just try these troubleshooting steps to solve your problem.
- Unplug and re-plug from the USB port: For wired devices, make sure that the USB cable that runs your computer are working. If it’s not then unplug and re-plug the devices from the USB ports to solve your problem.
- Ensure that the USB cable or adapter is working: Make sure that the USB ports and adapter that you plug into your PC do not show obvious signs of damage or that the USB cable that connects to the adapter is working.
- Examine the device: Make sure that the device itself is not damaged, has no moisture or water, and that the buttons are working. If you think that the device itself has some problem, contact the SteelSeries or bring your item to the retailer for replacement.
Fix 5: Install All Windows Updates
If none of the fixes helps you to solve your problem and SteelSeries GG Engine is still not detecting devices. The last thing you can do is to ensure that your PC runs on the latest Windows settings.
If your device is not listed in the Device Manager, it means that the system might be missing the necessary drivers. To check for the latest Windows OS, follow the steps.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update