The Last Spell is a tactical RPG that is quite popular among users. However, players are complaining about crashing issues on startup or FPS drop issues. Even though the developers have released the latest updates still the game keeps repeatedly crashing every hour.
After thorough research, outdated drivers, antivirus software or Windows Firewall, conflicting software, and corrupt Windows or game files are the main causes of The Last Spell crashing at Startup.
If you are also dealing with these issues then apply the below-mentioned tips to improve game performance.
How To Fix The Last Spell Crashing at Startup, Won’t Launch or Lags with FPS Drop
Below are some helpful tips for resolving your issue quickly. Take a look at them and address your problem efficiently.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
1. Update Drivers on Windows PC
As already explained outdated drivers are one of the major causes of The Last Spell crashing at Startup. So it is important to keep your graphics driver and all other drivers up to date.
Although, you can find NVIDIA and AMD or other drivers that are sometimes game-specific on their websites. Still downloading and installing them on your PC is a time-consuming task.
So if you are a newbie or don’t have time then we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field and for 12 years users are using it to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
2. Disable Overlay Apps
Another reason why The Last Spell may not start is due to overlay apps. Apps like Steam, Discord and others have introduced overlays that supposedly enhance performance. However, in reality, they can cause issues. So, if you’re playing The Last Spell with an overlay, it’s best to disable it.
- Open Steam and go to its Settings.
- From the In-Game tab uncheck the “Enable the steam overlay while in-game“
- Click OK and then play the game.
- Open Discord and click on the User Settings icon (the gear icon).
- Select the “Overlay” option located in the App Settings section.
- Toggle off the “Enable in-game overlay” option to disable the Discord overlay.
- You can also customize the overlay settings or disable it for specific games from the “Games Overlay” section.
3. Update Windows PC
As Microsoft is busy releasing new updates it’s important to install them as soon as these are available. You can go to the Windows setting and then to System to check for the latest updates.
4. Delete Cache & Temporary Game Files
Sometimes game files stored in Windows temporary folders get corrupt causing failed startup or launch problems. You can delete them and then play the game.
- To do that press Windows + R and type %temp% to find game files and remove them.
- Then again press Windows + R and type %appdata%
- Then go back one step and you will see Local, Locallow, and Roaming folders.
- Open them and find the files related to The Last Spell and Delete them.
5. Force Use Dedicated GPU
If your PC has both an integrated GPU (which comes with the motherboard) and a dedicated GPU, the game may become confused about which one to use. In such cases, you’ll need to disable the integrated GPU from the Device Manager.
6. Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus’s Real-Time Protection
Third-party antivirus software and Windows Firewalls tend to consider game files as a threat. They won’t allow the game exe file to run. To fix The Last Spell crashing at startup issue you need to disable the real-time protection.
7. Close Unnecessary Programs
Unwanted programs running in the background is another probable cause of crashing on startup issue while playing The Last Spell.
It’s because fewer resources are left for games to utilize. You should close all of these apps via Task manager.
If possible also set CPU process priority to the game process to fix the issues.
8. Perform Clean Boot
Running a PC in clean boot helps us identify any process that is messing with the game. It also means that only a handful of processes will run thereby making more space for the game to execute.
Here’s how to do it:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “msconfig” and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Click on the Services tab and check the box for “Hide all Microsoft services” at the bottom.
- Click on “Disable all” to turn off all non-Microsoft services.
- Click Apply > Ok.
9. Check Game Files on Steam
Corrupt or missing game files can also cause crashing issues on startup or launch. to need to verify the integrity of game files to make sure everything is fine.
- Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
- Right-click on the game in question and select “Properties.”
- In the Properties window, select the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on the “Verify integrity of game files” button.
- Wait for Steam to verify the files. This process may take several minutes.
10. Reinstall The Last Spell
Last but not least if everything goes in vain then it’s best to reinstall the game. Before that make sure that you have uninstalled and deleted all the remaining traces of the game from your Windows PC.