THX Spatial Audio not working with Razer Kranken, Nari, Blackshark v2, or Pro after the update. Worry not, as we have the solution to fix this issue.
After the Razer update, many users are complaining that using theTHX Spatial Audio they can’t hear any sound. in some cases, the THX Spatial gives a crackling or buzzing sound and in other cases, users can’t even differentiate the surrounding sound.
If you are also dealing with this issue where THX Spatial Audio is not working then this article is for you.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why is my THX Spatial Audio not working?
Before you try the fixes below it’s important to understand why THS Spatial audio won’t work in Razer Blackshark v2 and pro.
- Outdated Windows OS
- Headphone doesn’t support THX Spatial Audio
- Not setting the THX Spatial Audio as the main playback device
- Outdated or corrupted audio drivers
- Corrupted installation of the app itself
How To Fix THX Spatial Audio Not Working on Windows 11/10
Apply the fixes below if you are dealing with THX Spatial Audio not working with Razer Nari or Blackshark V2, Pro, or Synapse.
Download All Windows Updates
Before going towards any advanced step you should check your Windows OS whether it’s updated or not. In most cases, the THX Spatial Audio, not working problem arises when the Windows 11 or 10 OS isn’t up to date.
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Now go to Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates.
If the system found any pending updates it will install them on your system. Now start your PC and run THX Spatial Audio.
Restart Razer App and THX Spatial Audio
If you haven’t tried restarting the Razer Apps i.e. Synapse or THX then do it now. Sometimes Windows doesn’t run critical files when you launch the apps, if you restart them these files load up fixing the not working problem.
Related: Fix: Razer Synapse Not Opening/Failed To Start on Windows 10
Run The Audio Troubleshooter
If you can’t hear any sound or you are also having other sound-related issues, then try running the built-in Audio Troubleshooter. It’s a Windows program that fixes most issues.
In case THX Spatial Audio is not working try running the Audio troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + I to open Settings.
- Click the Update & Security.
- From the left side select Troubleshoot.
- Choose the Playing Audio troubleshooter and click Run the troubleshooter.
- In case you can’t see Audio troubleshooter then click on Additional troubleshooter
Now check if the THX Spatial Audio not working problem is resolved or not.
Set The THX Spatial Audio As Your Playback Device
The problem of THX Spatial Audio not working can arise if you keep using the headphones without setting the THX Spatial Audio as a playback device.
In such a case you also can’t hear any difference after installing the THX Spatial Audio app. Follow these steps to set it as a playback device:
- Launch the THX Spatial Audio app on your system.
- Go to the AUDIO tab and enable the toggle associated with the SPATIAL AUDIO option.
- Press the Open Windows Sound Properties option.
- In the opened Sound window, right-click on Speakers THX Spatial Ready.
- From the context menu, choose the Set as Default Device option.
- Now, from the APPLICATION MIXER section, choose Spatial Audio as the output.
Update Your Audio Drivers
Most users claimed that they had either outdated, faulty, or incompatible drivers in their system that’s why were keep facing THX Spatial Audio not working problem.
Simply updating these drivers helped them fix this issue once and for all. If you are also dealing with this issue then try to update the Audio driver.
There are two methods that you can opt for Manual or Automatic. We strongly recommend the Automatic method as it’s more easy, fast, and required no PC skills.
All you need is to Download Driver Easy on your Windows 11/10 PC. Install and run it. It will automatically scan and update the Audio driver for you.
Replugging the device
Sometimes the connected devices such as headphones are not connected with your PC. Or they might be connected with a faulty USB or Audio port.
So try to change the ports or simply unplug the devices and replug them. This simple fix can help resolve THX Spatial Audio not working.
Uninstall, Reinstall THX Spatial Audio
If the above fixes don’t work for you then try to uninstall the THX Spatial Audio app and then reinstall it again on your PC.
After you uninstall this app you also need to make sure that all the AppData in your PC is also removed. Now download the THS Spatial Audio on your PC and install it again.
Perform a system restore
As a last resort restore your system to a point where the THX Spatial Audio was working properly. It’s possible that after updating your app or OS your PC settings are changed and that’s why THX Spatial Audio is not working.
Follow these steps:
- Click on the Windows search bar and type Create a Restore Point.
- Click on the System Protection tab.
- Under the Protection Settings section, select your System drive and click on the Configure.
- From the next window Tick Turn on system protection. Then click OK.
- Now again select your System drive and click Create….
- Name the restore point then click Create.
- When it successfully created the restore point, click Close.