A common issue where Twitch video streamers keep buffering with a black screen and then a message appears which is twitch network error 2000. It is the worst thing that prevents you from going live until it is fixed. When twitch is unable to detect a secure network connection or detects an unstable connection then Twitch error 2000 occurs.
A simple and quick method to fix this error is to refresh the web browser a couple of times which can eliminate the temporary problem in your browser or internet connection. To refresh the browser press CTRL + R keys on your keyboard. Secondly, you can also try restarting your phone, system, or modem as there can be some problems with the internal working of the device.
If both techniques did not work, then don’t worry here you will find a complete guide to fix Twitch Network Error 2000. So relax and hold yourself while we explore the methods you needed to fix this error.
Fixing the Twitch Error 2000 Network Error On Chrome, Firefox, and Opera
1. Change Video Quality of Stream
Some twitch users also suggested that twitch network error 2000 can also be fixed by changing stream resolution.
Try changing the stream quality from Auto or 1080p to 720p, if this does not work try reloading the page after changing the resolution.
2. Clear The Browser Cache and Cookie
Cache and cookies generally store preceding data of your browsing activity which allows you to access Cookies faster than the last visit to the same site. A cache can become old which prevents you from the gain access to new data. To clear your caches, follow these steps according to your browser:
How To Clear Cache in Google Chrome:
- Press the Windows key and type Chrome, and now open the first result.
- Press the following key combination to open the Clear browsing data menu: Ctrl + Shift + Delete then select the All time option in the Time range.
- Checkmark the options: Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files boxes. Hit on the Clear Data.
How To Clear Cache in Firefox?
- Press the Windows key and type Firefox, then open the first result.
- Press keys Shift + Ctrl + Delete collectively to open the Clear browsing data menu and then select Everything in Time range to clear.
- Checkmark all the boxes except Active logins from the History and Data sections. Now, click on OK to save the changes.
How To Clear Cache in Opera?
- Press on the Windows key and type Opera, then open the first result from the list.
- Press the key combination: Ctrl + Shift + Delete to open the Clear browsing data then choose All Time in the Time range section.
- Checkmark all the boxes, then select Clear data.
- Furthermore, you can click on the Advanced tab, set the Time Range as All Time, then checkmark anything you want, and select Clear data but it is recommended not to select the Passwords and other sign-in data options in the list below.
Hopefully, the Twitch error 2000 will be gone after clearing the cache.
3. Disable Antivirus Software
Generally, Antivirus can block Internet content including Twitch due to security reasons, and Twitch network error 2000 occurs. Users can disable their antivirus software temporarily to resolve this issue. If the issue is resolved, then add Twitch as an exception to the list of platforms the antivirus software should keep an eye on. After using this method, even your best antivirus software will work while users are watching Twitch.
The steps may differ depending upon the antivirus program you are running. If you are using Avast Antivirus then follow the steps accordingly:
- First, click on the Home tab, and next click on Settings.
- Then on the setting, go to the General tab and click the option Exclusions to add twitch to the antivirus exception list.
- Save the settings and restart your system to take effect.
In case, you are running the AVG antivirus program then follow these steps:
- First, click the Home tab, and next click the Settings
Then on the setting, page go to the General tab and next click on the Components
- And click the Web Shield option here click the Show Blocked Websites option
- Now Add Twitch in the antivirus exception section and save the settings.
Kaspersky Internet Security users follow these steps:
- First, click the Home tab, and next click the Settings option
Then from the Settings page, click the Additional option
- And locate the Threats and Exclusions option and tap on Exclusions
- Now choose the option Specify Trusted Applications and click Add option.
- Simply add Twitch to the list and save the settings.
4. Disable HTML 5 Player on Twitch
Occasionally the HTML5 player and Twitch come into conflict and causes a network error 2000. You can fix it by disabling your HTML 5 player. Do the following:
- Go to Twitch and then Play a video on any channel.
- Now click on the cog (settings icon) located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Then click on Advanced Setting and disable HTML5 Player.
- Now refresh the page and check whether the Twitch error 2000 has been fixed or not. If not, then move to the next method.
5. Check Your Internet Connection
The Twitch error 2000 is due to a network problem and there is a high possibility that it is coming from your internet connection. Check whether you can browse the internet without any problem or not.
If browsing the internet is not an issue but the error is still there, then just restart your Wi-Fi router and reconnect to your Wi-Fi. You can also try to use your mobile hot spot and try to connect for checking if there is a problem with Wi-Fi.
6. Disable Your VPN or Proxy
The majority of users claimed that their problem was solved using this method. VPN can cause issues with the network when it is turned on and consequently bring up all kinds of weird errors like Twitch network error 2000.
You can fix this error by disabling your VPN.
- Open your VPN and just go to the VPN dashboard.
- Turn it off.
- After that, close your web browser and then open it again.
- Find the Twitch stream you were watching. Check if it works this time when your VPN is disabled.
7. Flush DNS to Resolve Error 2000
You can also use this method to fix the twitch Error 2000.
- Press the Windows + R keys together on your keyboard to open the Run prompt.
- Then type Cmd and press Shift + Alt + Enter keys in combination to open it as administrator.
- Type the following commands and press Enter key after typing each of them to run it:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig / release
- ipconfig / renew
- ipconfig / flushdns
Now, restart your system and check if Error 2000 is fixed on Twitch occurs.
8. Disable Ad Blockers Extensions
It’s also possible that your browser extensions and ad-blockers, used to block advertisements, are causing Twitch network error 2000. To see if this is the case, try disabling all of your browser extensions and ad-blockers and then reloading the Twitch page.
How To Remove Extensions From Chrome?
- In Google Chrome, click on More actions (three dots arranged vertically) and choose More tools than Extensions.
- If you find any extensions that you want to remove. This can be customization, ad blocker, or other extensions for Chrome.
- Click the Remove option to uninstall any extensions.
- After removing all unwanted extensions, refresh the Twitch page and check if Error 2000 occurs again.
How To Remove Extensions From Firefox?
- Click on the menu button, and then click on Add-ons and Themes from the context menu, in Mozilla Firefox.
- Shift to the Extensions tab.
- Click the More actions option and click on Remove from the context menu to uninstall any extensions.
- Refresh the Twitch page and check if Error 2000 occurs again.
How To Remove Extensions From Opera?
• In Opera, click on the Main menu in the bottom-left corner, and then Extensions.
• Select the X button near the top-right corner to uninstall Opera extensions.
• Refresh the Twitch page and check if Error 2000 occurs again.
9. Use a Different Web Browser
If your issue is still not resolved, then try using a different web browser. If you are using Firefox, try opera or vice versa. This may help in fixing the problem.
10. Install the Twitch Desktop Client
If the above methods are not fixing this error, then you can install the Twitch desktop client on your system and use it instead of your browser version. Its version is available for Mac and Windows users. This desktop client eliminates all errors which are occurring due to the web browser. You can download the application from this website.