A message popped up “Unable to launch game, please verify your game data” while Playing Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA V, GTA Online on PC.
If you are using Epic game launcher, Rockstar game launcher, or Steam and see this error, then don’t worry.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
In this article, we have explained the solutions to fix the unable to launch game error for Windows 10/11 PC.
Table of Contents
- Common Errors and Causes
- How To Fix Unable to Launch Game, Please Verify Your Game Data
Common Errors and Causes
Apart from seeing unable to launch the game, please verify your game data users can also get these errors while playing GTA 5 or Red Dead Redemption.
- GTA V unable to launch game on Steam
- Failed to initialize critical data of GTA 5 in Epic Games
- Please verify your device to play the game
After searching its causes on different forums we have come to the conclusion that the unable to launch game error occurs:
- When you have an account but you can’t sign in problem with the launcher
- Existence of Rockstar social club folder.
- Game file on Seam got corrupted
- MSI or ASUS audio process running in the task manager
- Not running launcher with administrator access.
How To Fix Unable to Launch Game, Please Verify Your Game Data
Apply these fixes if you are stuck with unable to launch games on Steam or Epic games.
Fix 1. Sign Out from Launchers
Many players reported that all they can do is to see the menu screen but they can’t play GTA V or RDR 2 due to an account sign-in problem.
Just create a new account and then get it verified using the launcher.
If you can easily sign in, then try to sign out from your Steam, EPIC, Rockstar Launcher, and then sign in again.
Fix 2. Verify Integrity of Game Files
Soon the Unable to launch game, please verify your game data error appear the first thing you should try is to verify the game files.
For Rockstart Game Launcher:
- Run the game launcher.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Under My installed games on the left, select the game you need to Verify i.e. GTA 5 or Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Click on the tab VERIFY INTEGRITY.
Once the process completes you will see a message telling you that your game is verified and ready to play.
How To Verify Game Data Epic Games launcher:
- Open the game launcher
- Go to Library.
- Right-click on the game and from the drop-down menu select Verify.
It will take a couple of minutes, during that process launcher will re-download any missing or corrupted game file.
For Steam launcher:
- Open Steam launcher.
- Click on Library.
- Right-click on the Game and choose Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
Fix 3. Download Free VPN
It’s not clear what connection does VPN has for solving the unable to launch the game.
Many users on forums confirmed that they downloaded a free VPN software and changed it to a different country. Amazingly it has fixed the unable to launch game, please verify your game data error.
Fix 4. Run Launcher As Administrator
To run games on PC they require administrator privileges to perform smoothly. If the games failed on every launch it means you are running the launcher without administrator rights.
Follow these steps:
- Right-click on the game launcher you are using and choose Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box Run the program as an administrator
- Click on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
Fix 5. Quit Processes on Windows PC
You will experience game launching problems if there is third-party software running in the background causing the interruption.
Furthermore, if you have MSI to ASUS mainboard then you need to close certain process
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Task Manager.
- MSI mainboard quit the Nahimic Audio process.
- ASUS mainboard quit the ASUS Sonic Studio.
- End Task the SS2Svc64.exe process in the task manager. However, you don’t have to close SS2Svc32.
If you are also running a PC monitoring tool, uninstall them and remove AppData from Windows 10/11.
Fix 6. Close Launcher Processes
This fix is also tested and confirmed by users. All you need to do is to close the Epic Game launcher, Rockstar Game launcher, or Steam.
Then open Task Manager and close all the processes running in it including Rockstar Social Club Service.
Now relaunch the game launcher and try to run the game.
Fix 7. Disable Sound Card Drivers
If you have the following audio drivers installed on your PC then try to disable them.
- RTHDMIAzAudService Service for HDMI
- Realtek(r) High Definition Audio Function Driver
- Realtek Semiconductor Corp
It’s quite weird as to how these sound drivers messed with your game launch but it surely fixes the issue.
Fix 8. Delete the Rockstar Social Club Folder
Another lot of users confirmed that by deleting the Rockstar Social Club folder you can fix the unable to launch game, please verify your game data problem on PC.
Follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Rockstart launcher and choose to open file location.
- Open Rockstar game folder and delete Social Club Folder