Many users reported about the Warzone High ping Latency on PC which made put them in a shot-first-die situation. According to many Warzone gamers, the ping response and latency become higher which is so irritating. Usually, gamers on Reddit reported about the lag or high ping issue.
If you are going through such issues then here is a complete guide on how you can fix the problem of lag issue in Warzone on Windows PC. You just need to try the fixes that are given below
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why Warzone ping or latency is high?
You need to understand that this lag usually indicates that there’s a network error at your end or the server end. This high latency puts the gamer in a shoot-first-die-first situation. The major causes are below:
- An Internet connection from ISP is slow
- The gaming server ping is high
- Outdated or defective network equipment
- PS4 software fluke
- PS4 console malfunction
How to fix Warzone High Ping Latency On PC?
You might not need to try them all; simply work your way down until you find the one that does the trick.
Fix 1. Reboot your Network
Reboot your network equipment is very helpful especially when your router or modem is overheated. The simplest way of applying this fix:
- Unplug the power cords of both your modem and router.
- Wait 2 minutes and plug the cords back in. Make sure the indicator lights of both devices are back to their normal state.
- Open your computer and browse a website to verify your Internet connection.
- Once you’re back online, open Warzone and test the gameplay.
Fix 2. Use a Wired Connection
Using a wireless connection may conflict and bad receptions lead to lag spikes issues. So to avoid it plays a shooter game on a wired network. Make sure the cables are securely plugged in.
Fix 3. Change your DNS servers
Changing to a popular and reliable DNS server offers faster and safer connections. Warzone has a great number of game servers. Connect with the one that is geographically closet to you.
Follow the below steps to change DNS servers:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog. Type or paste control ncpa.cpl and click OK.
- In the pop-up window, right-click your Ethernet adapter and select Properties.
- Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4).
- In the pop-up window, select Use the following DNS server addresses: For Preferred DNS server, type 184.108.40.206; and for Alternate DNS server, type 220.127.116.11. Click OK to save the changes.
- Next, you need to flush the DNS cache. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type cmd. Then select Run as administrator.
- In Command Prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter.
Now you’ve changed your DNS server. Now check if it fixes the lag issue.
Fix 4. Update your Network driver
Most of the time Warzone High Ping Latency On PC that has outdated or corrupted Network drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
In our personal experience and after testing multiple driver updater software, we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 5. Close bandwidth-hogging programs
Latency issues also occur when there’s bandwidth-hungry software lurking in the background. So you need to disable the programs like one drive, Skype, or Windows Update that use more bandwidth to function.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl, Shift, and Esc at the same time to open Task Manager. Click the Network tab to sort tasks by traffic consumption.
- At a time, select processes that consume the most traffic, and click End task to close them.
Now you can launch Warzone.
Fix 6. Disable Crossplay
PC gamers reported that disabling crossplay can fix the lag issues. So you should try this luck too.
- Open Warzone and go to Main Menu.
- Open up Options and navigate to the Account tab. Under the Online section, set Crossplay to Disabled.
- Join a game and check if your lag has disappeared.
Now check if the issue gets fixed.
Fix 7. Stop Using VPN or proxy
If you are using a VPN or proxy on your router, try to stop using VPN or Proxy and look at the impact if it will improve Warzone ping.
Related: How to Install and Use a VPN for PC Gaming
Fix 8. Check if it’s a server issue
If you tried every above-given fix and it does not work then you need to visit the Activation Support Twitter and the Modem Warfare Reddit in order to mitigate the latency issue.
You May Also Like
- How To Fix COD Warzone Can’t Join A Match Or Stuck Searching For Match
- How To Fix Call Of Duty Warzone Keeps Crashing On PC/PS4/XBOX
- Fixed: Warzone Freezing on PC
- Fix: Call of Duty Modern Warfare Cutscenes Stuttering
- How To Fix COD Vanguard Crashing on PC
- Fix: Connection Interrupted Cod War Error
- How To Fix Call Of Duty Mobile Lagging + Freezing Issue