Why laptop overheat so hot? It’s because of powerful hardware stuffed in compact space. As we see it today, laptops are getting slims and powerful and yet hotter like the core of the sun. Companies are trying to make slimmer processor and graphics cards but these developments are causing overheating issues in the laptop.
Small space for air to circulate in the case is the reason why laptop overheats so fast. In almost all laptop air intake vents are placed below which makes it more difficult to breathe in the fresh air.
Why does my laptop heat up so quickly? It is a fact that laptops do run hot but is it overheating? To know this first make sure that the following signs appear.
- Fans run constantly at noisy speed
- Shutting down occurs
- Blue screen of death appears
- Experiencing slowdowns
Once these signs of overheating appear, the next step which is necessary is to prevent overheating on the laptop.
Prevent Laptop Overheating
Here we have briefly explained the methods to cool down your laptop. You can start by
- Cleaning your laptop fans and internal cleansing
- Always use the laptop on a flat and hard surface
- Use a lap desk or make one of your own by hiring a carpenter.
- Monitor You laptop temperature by installing HWMonitor or Core Temp
- Update graphics card drivers
- Keep it away from the sun
- Install fan control software like SpeedFan for Windows and smcFanControl for Mac
- Avoid doing intense work and give your laptop some rest
- In extreme situation re-apply thermal paste
- Avoid Overclocking
- Check whether heatsink is properly placed on CPU
These preventive measures can 100% solve your laptop overheating problem. If you have any other method under your sleeves then share it with us.