Why laptop overheat so hot? Its because of powerful hardware stuffed in compact space. As we see it today, laptops are getting slims and powerful and yet hotter like the core of the sun. Companies are trying to make slimmer processor and graphics cards but these developments are causing overheating issues in the laptop.
Small space for air to circulate in the case is the reason why laptop overheat so fast. In almost all laptop air intake vents are placed below which makes it more difficult to breathe in fresh air.
Why does my laptop heat up so quickly? It is a fact that laptops do run hot but is it overheating? To know this first make sure that following signs appear.
- Fans run constantly at noisy speed
- Shutting down occurs
- Blue screen of death appears
- Experiencing slowdowns
Once these signs of overheating appears, the next step which is necessary is to prevent overheat in laptop.
Prevent Laptop Overheating
Here we have briefly explained the methods to cool down your laptop. You can start by
- Cleaning your laptop fans and internal cleansing
- Always use laptop on flat and hard surface
- Use lap desk or make one of your own by hiring a carpenter.
- Monitor You laptop temperature by installing HWMonitor or Core Temp
- Update graphics card drivers
- Keep it away from sun
- Install fan control software like SpeedFan for Windows and smcFanControl for Mac
- Avoid doing intense work and give your laptop some rest
- In extreme situation re-apply thermal paste
- Avoid Overclocking
- Check whether heatsink is properly placed on CPU
These preventive measures can 100% solve your laptop overheating problem. If you have any other method under your sleeves then share with us.