If you are a Minecraft player and you want better visuals and performance then Optifine is the best module.
You get a lot of configurations as well as options with OptiFine and see far-away objects but Optifine is only available for Java Edition.
Here we have come up with an easy-to-follow guideline on how to zoom with Optifine.
Zoom in Minecraft Using Optifine Module (Only for Java)
- First of all, go to Downloads via OptiFine Downloads
- Select the latest version to download. However, ensure that the module matches the Minecraft version you are currently using.
- If you are using an older version of Minecraft. Click on Show all versions
- A list of versions will appear, Download the one that corresponds with the version of your Minecraft.
- Install Optifine module
- Once it is installed, launch your Minecraft game.
- Make sure you are running Minecraft in the Optifine module on its required version by locating the options at the button left to the green play button.
- Select OptiFine and make sure a checkmark appears to the right of the entry.
- Now press Play to enter the game
How to set Hotkey to Zoom with Optifine.
Optifine Mod has a hotkey to zoom. In most cases, the hotkey is the left control key on your keyboard and you simply have to press it in order to zoom. However, sometimes C key is set as default for zooming in Minecraft. It also depends on the version of Optifine you have installed.
If it’s lower than 1.8, it will probably be Left-Ctrl. It is also suggested that if you are running the Optifine forge version, the zoom key is ctrl whereas if you have vanilla Optifine, it is the C key.
However, you can also check what are assigned keys from the control tab and also change it. Here is how you can do this. You may want to change from using the hotkey C, and you do that by going to the
- Go to the Options and head over to the Controls tab.
- On the controls window, scroll down to the Miscellaneous section
- Locate Zooming.
- Set the key you prefer to zoom.