Are you a CS:GO player aiming to up your game in 2023? Well, you’re in luck because we’ve got a simple trick to help you boost your FPS and overall performance in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as well as Counter-Strike 2. It’s all about optimizing your launch options, and it won’t cost you a thing!
If you’re new to the concept of launch options, don’t worry; they’re straightforward to use. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the best launch options to enhance your CS:GO experience. With these settings, you can ensure that your game runs smoothly and avoid performance hiccups during intense battles.
What are the Launch Options?
Think of them as special settings that kick in when you start up Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. They can do a variety of things, from adjusting your FPS (frames per second) to fine-tuning technical settings that can make a big difference in your gameplay.
No#1 Launch Options for More FPS
+fps_max 0 -nojoy -high -fullscreen +mat_disable_fancy_blending 1 +cl_forcepreload 1 -limitvsconst -forcenovsync +r_dynamic 0
CSGO best launch options for FPS
If your goal is to get the highest FPS (frames per second) possible in CS:GO, these are the best launch options to consider:
- +fps_max 0
- -tickrate 128
- +violence_hblood 0
- +mat_disable_fancy_blending 1
- +r_dynamic 0
- +cl_forcepreload 1
- +mat_queue_mode 2
More Details About Launch Options That Everybody Should Be Using
Let’s break down what each of these CS:GO launch options does and why they are considered the top choices for enhancing your FPS (frames per second).
- +fps_max 0: This option removes the FPS limit, allowing CS:GO to run at its maximum potential frames per second.
- -tickrate 128: It sets the tickrate for offline servers, ensuring a high tickrate for bot matches and private games.
- -high: This option gives CS:GO high priority on your computer, potentially improving performance. However, if you encounter issues, consider removing this setting.
- -novid: Skipping the Valve intro video speeds up CS:GO’s launch.
- -nojoy: Disables joystick support processes, reducing RAM usage for keyboard and mouse players.
- +violence_hblood 0: Removes blood splatter effects, reducing the number of objects to render and potentially boosting FPS.
- +mat_disable_fancy_blending 1: Disables “fancy blending,” improving performance on some machines.
- +r_dynamic 0: Disables dynamic lighting, which can provide a minor FPS boost.
- -softparticlesdefaultoff: Removes feathering and blending effects from particles, increasing FPS at the cost of particle quality.
- +cl_forcepreload 1: Forces the game to preload assets before joining a server, potentially improving in-game FPS.
- -limitvsconst: Limits the number of vertex shaders to 256, which can help older GPUs.
- +mat_queue_mode 2: Enables multi-threading to handle more computations simultaneously, enhancing performance.
- -forcenovsync: Disables VSync to prevent input lag caused by frame synchronization.
- -disable_d3d9ex: Disables DirectX 9Ex, which may improve FPS on some machines.
- -r_emulate_g: Enables OpenGL emulation, potentially boosting performance, especially on older GPUs.
How to Set Launch Options for CSGO/CS2?
Setting launch options for CS:GO or any other game on Steam is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Open Steam and go to the “Library” tab.
- Locate “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive” or “Counter Strik 2” in your game library.
- Right-click on the game title and choose “Properties.”
- In the properties window, you’ll see a field labeled “Launch Options.” Type your desired launch options in this text box.
- If you have multiple launch options, separate them with spaces.
- Once you’ve entered your launch options, close the window.
- Now, you’re ready to start CS:GO with your chosen launch options. Just launch the game, and the options will be applied.