WARNO or otherwise called Warning Order is a new game and is all set to become a new sensation in the gaming community. Bringing the World War III battle simulator to your PC. You can command your own battlegroup, leading Cold War-era units to victory on a dynamic, tactical battlefield.
Although it gets positive reviews, still many players complained about Warno keeps crashing or freezing issues on PC. If you encountered the same issue, then you have found the right place to fix your issue.
We found all the possible fixes that you can apply by yourself easily. You just need to scroll down and find the best fix that suits your game crashing.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why does Warno Keep Crashing or Freezing on the PC?
There could be various reasons that can cause the game to crash. Some of the major reasons are below:
- Incompatible PC configuration
- Outdated game patch
- Outdated graphics drivers
- Unnecessary background tasks
- Issues with startup apps
- Older DirectX version
- Issues with overlay apps
- Overclocked CPU/GPU
- Antivirus program-related issues
What are the System Requirements to Play Warno on PC?
Before moving to any fixes, must check the system requirements that suit to run Warno:
|System Requirements||Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|OS||64-bit Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7 with Service Pack 1||64-bit Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7 with Service Pack 1|
|Processor||TBD, we aim for minimum system requirements similar to Steel Division 2||4 cores Intel | AMD CPU (Intel i3-8100, AMD Ryzen 3 1200)|
|Graphics||TBD, we aim for minimum system requirements similar to Steel Division 2||Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB (Legacy: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780), AMD Radeon RX 580 (Legacy: AMD Radeon R9 290X)|
|DirectX||Version 11||Version 11|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|Network||Broadband Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection|
|Storage||50 GB available space||50 GB available space|
|Sound Card||DirectX Compatible Sound Card||DirectX Compatible Sound Card|
How to Fix Warno Keeps Crashing or Freezing on PC?
You don’t need to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick
Fix 1. Verify and repair game files
Sometimes corrupted and missing game files can become a source of crashing. So you need to verify and repair the game files on steam:
- Launch Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on WARNO and select Properties.
- Click LOCAL FILES on the left, then click Verify integrity of game files…. If Steam finds anything wrong with the game files, it will re-download them from its official server.
- Depending on the size of the game files, it may take some time to verify all your game files.
Relaunch Warno and see if the crashing or freezing issue went away, But if the issue persists then move to the next fix below.
Fix 2. Update your graphics driver
Most of the time Warno crashing or freezing issue occurs on those PC that has outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 3. Install the latest WARNO patch
Warno’s developer, Eugene releases a regular patch to fix bugs and boost the game performance. It may possible that the recent patch you are using may cause the crashing issue, you need a new patch to fix this issue.
If a new patch is available then Steam will be detected /and the latest game patch will be downloaded and installed when you launch the game.
Now relaunch Warno and see if it crashes again. If this fix does not go in your luck then try the following fix below.
Fix 4. Disable overlays
When you are having trouble while running the game, it’s good to turn off overlay apps like steam.
Here’s how you can:
- Launch Steam and navigate to the LIBRARY tab. right-click on WARNO. Then select Properties.
- Uncheck Enable Steam Overlay while in-game.
- If you’re using other apps with overlay features (e.g. Discord, Nvidia GeForce Experience, Twitch, etc.), ensure you’ve disabled the in-game overlay in those apps’ features.
Now Relaunch Warno and see if it crashes again. If this fix does not go in your luck then try the following fix below.
Fix 5. Close unwanted software
Playing game on multiple software leads to conflicts and this will cause the game to crash. Many gamers reported, that disabling certain third-party software such as MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner Statistics Server helped to reduce the Warno crashing.
You also need to close all the unnecessary apps in the background. Here’s how you can:
- Right-click any empty space on the taskbar and click Task Manager.
- Under the Process tab, right-click a program you’d like to close and click End task.
- Now that you should only leave Warno and your game launcher running.
Test if you’re able to play the game as expected. If not, check out the below fixes
Fix 6. Repair corrupted system files
Missing or corrupted game files .dll file (dynamic link libraries) can also cause the game to crash. So you should try to repair the corrupted game files by running the command prompt. It needs time. But if you want your work done in instant then we recommend you use Reimage.
Here’s how you can repair the corrupted files using Reimage:
- Download Reimage.
- Install and launch Reimage. You’ll be asked to run a free scan of your computer. Click Yes to continue.
- Wait for Reimage to scan your PC. This may take a few minutes.
- After the scanning process is completed, Reimage will provide you with the PC scan summary.
If there’s an issue, then click the START REPAIR button on the lower-right corner, and with only a click, reimage will start to repair the Windows OS on your computer.
Fix 7. Perform a clean boot
The game can be crashed due to ceratin apps conflicting with it. So you need to perform a clean boot to find that problematic app. Here’s how you can do that:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run Dialog. Type MSConfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Navigate to the Services tab, check to Hide all Microsoft services, and then click Disable all.
- Select the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click OK.
- Click Restart to restart your PC.
- Restart your PC and launch Warno to check if the game crashes again. If not, open the System Configuration window again to enable services and applications one by one until you find the problematic software.
Fix 8. Run Warno as an administrator
Games run smoothly when they get administrator privileges. To make sure Warno works properly, you need to run the game as an administrator.
Here’s how you can give it admin privileges:
- Right-click on the WARNO.exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
Make sure to do the same steps for the Steam client too. It will help you to fix the WARNO issue on your PC.
Fix 9. Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game priority in the higher segment in order to tell your Windows system to run the game properly.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on Warno game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run the Warno game to check if it’s crashing on PC or not.
If the crashing issue reappears, try reinstalling Warno.