Looking for a way to install Toyota Entune updates, Toyota audio updates, and Toyota map updates. Don’t know how to install Toyota software update. In this article, we have explained how Toyota software updates work for most Toyota Vehicle Models.
Toyota Entune is a comprehensive multimedia navigation and telematics system designed for Toyota vehicles. It offers a range of satellite-based services, including real-time information on traffic, weather, sports scores, stocks, and fuel prices. These services are available through a subscription to SiriusXM.
Before Toyota Entune G-Link and G-Book software were used to use in Toyota cars. Almost all the latest car models i.e. Toyota Corolla, Toyota RAV4, Toyota Yaris, Toyota Camry, Toyota Hilux, Toyota Highlander, Toyota Tacoma, Toyota C-HR, Toyota Levin, and Lexus RX use Toyota Entune Software.
How to Install Toyota Software Update
At present, there are two methods to install Toyota software updates. This Toyota Entune update includes Toyota audio updates and Toyota map updates.
Method 1: Install Toyota Software Update via OTA
The Over-The-Air (OTA) technology enables users to access software update packages from remote cloud servers via the network, allowing them to effortlessly update their vehicle systems. Toyota offers OTA software updates for vehicles equipped with the latest Toyota Audio Multimedia System.
The processes of Toyota Entune OTA update, Toyota audio OTA update, and Toyota map OTA update are the same. Here is the guide:
- From the Menu window, select Settings (gear icon) > Software update.
- The system will check for updates immediately. If there’s an update available, it will be displayed there. Otherwise, “No update available” is displayed.
- If there are updates available, click Update software to initiate the update process.
- Accept the Terms of Service.
- The system will start downloading the Toyota software updates.
- After the download is completed, a notification window will pop up reminding you that some functions will not be available during software installation. Click Accept.
- Wait until the software installation is completed, you are asked to restart the system.
Method 2: Install Toyota Software Update via a USB Drive
If you use the Entune system, you can use the same way to install Toyota Entune updates, Toyota audio updates, and Toyota map updates via a USB drive. Here is the guide:
Step 1: Insert the USB Flash Drive in the computer USB slot. USB Flash Drive must be blank and 2 GB or larger.
Step 2: Select DOWNLOAD at the bottom of the webpage.
- Hover the cursor over the Select A Vehicle section.
- Type your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or select your Toyota vehicle Model, Year, and Multimedia Unit Type.
- On the new page, click Get Updates.
- On the download page, choose your model ID.
- Accept the vehicle software end-user license agreement and click the Download The extension of the downloaded file should be .kwi.
Step 3: Choose Save to download the file to the default “Downloads” folder on your computer.
Step 4: After the download is complete, copy the file from your computer’s “Downloads” folder to your USB Flash Drive.
Step 5: Confirm the file is on your USB Flash Drive (Note: If the file is not on your USB Flash Drive, check your computer’s “Downloads” folder).
Step 6: Select Vehicle Installation Instructions at the bottom of the webpage to access directions on how to install the software update on your vehicle.
Step 7: You can choose to either print or email the instructions. Follow all Vehicle Installation Instructions to install the update on your vehicle.