You can extract audio from YouTube videos easily if you liked the voice or music in it. Sometimes when you watch a video on YouTube, its audio seems more appealing to you whether it is any kind of music, poetry, dialog, or whatever it is. You want to extract that audio without any interest in its motion picture.
In this article, we have mentioned two options to extract audio from online youtube videos for free. You can choose online tools to extract audio or download video converter software.
Online audio extractor tools may not give your more features but video converter software lets you extract audio in any desired format. Plus most of these tools are cross-platform which means you can use them on Windows PC, mac, or on Android devices.
How To Extract Audio from YouTube Video
Option 1: Extract Audio Using Online Audio Extractor Tools
Method 1. Use Ytmp3 To Rip Audio from YouTube Online Videos
Ytmp3 is another best and most popular online audio extractor tool. It’s free, safe, and secure except you might see ads while downloading audio from online videos. Plus you can also use keywords to search and download audio.
The process to rip audio is also very simple and easy. follow these steps:
Step 1: Simply copy YouTube video URL and paste it into the Ytmp3 search bar.
Note: When you enter the URL ytmp3 will force you to install the APK version for mobile devices. Although it’s safe you can choose to keep or discard it.
Step 2: Choose the format and convert the audio. Currently, Ytmp3 only supports mp3 format so choose it.
Step 3: Once you click on download mp3 after a brief moment the converted audio file will download on your PC, mc, or mobile.
Method 2. Media.io
Media.io is one of the best online audio extractor tools to extract audio from youtube videos. You can also extract audio from any online videos on any video streaming platform.
It’s a free and secure option for those who don’t want to download audio extractor software on their PC or mac.
To rip YouTube audio all you need is to paste the URL link. Once the audio is loaded you can chop off unwanted audio sections by trimming and splitting.
Below are the steps on how to do that:
Step 1: Go to the Media.io website. Here you will see two options either to enter the URL or Upload Media from your PC. Find the YouTube Video that you want to extract audio from and paste the URL.
Once you enter the URL this online audio extractor starts ripping the file. You can see the progress in a bar.
Step 2: When the YouTube audio is uploaded you can start removing the unnecessary sections from the start/beginning.
Step 3: Press the Export button to download the YouTube audio.
PS: Media.io requires you to sign up before you download Youtube Audio
Method 3. Use MP3Download.to To Extract Audio From YouTube Video
This is another website used to rip YouTube audio on Windows, mac, or android devices which is a free platform. You can select audio quality or format before downloading audio from YouTube videos.
The only thing that going to irritate you is the mal advertising they use to earn. Be careful while extracting audio because you might end up on the wrong websites due to pop-up ads.
The steps on how to extract audio from YouTube videos using MP3download.to are mentioned below:
Step 1: Copy and paste the URL of your desired youtube video.
Step 2: Select the Audio formats to download the file on your PC.
Step 3: Click on Download Button.
Option 2. Download Audio Converter To Extract Audio From Online YouTube Video
Use 4K Video Downloader to Extract Audio From Online Videos
4K Video Downloader is a free cross-platform tool that downloads and converts videos from YouTube, Facebook, and many other online streaming websites.
The steps to Extract audio from YouTube videos are below;
- First of all, Download 4K Video Downloader and install it on your system.
- Once the installation process is finished double-click the desktop icon to launch the 4K Video Downloader.
- Then copy the YouTube video URL and click on the Paste Link option on the top left corner of the display.
- A window will pop up from where you have to choose the Extract Audio option.
- Now select the quality and format for the extracted file.
Finally, click on the Extract option to extract audio. After the downloading is finished, you can access the audio file.
Use Audials One To Extract Audio From Video
Audials One is also available for both Windows and Mac operating systems. It has a very manageable converter that allows its users to convert the video into their desired format, such as WMV, MP4, MP3, WAV, etc. First of all, you should have a local video file before using it then follow these instructions to extract audio from a YouTube video:
- Download Audials One and install it.
- Launch Audials One
- Click on Converter from the left-sided tab.
- Now click on Files and then Add files.
- Now choose the downloaded file from YouTube.
- Once the adding files process is done then click on the Close option.
- Now checkmark Convert video to the audio box. After that click on Start.
- After the conversion process is complete, click on Edit from the right corner then choose the option Open folder.
Note: Your YouTube video should not be more than 30 minutes for the free version. If your YouTube video is more than 30 minutes then click on Buy now to the Pro version.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
It is reliable software to extract audio from YouTube videos, especially when the video file is not in a proper format. It is also available for both Mac and Windows operating systems. Follow the steps to extract audio from YouTube video via WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe:
- Download WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe from winxdvd.com on your PC and install it.
- Find the URL of your desired video from YouTube then copy the URL.
- Launch the WinX HD Video Converter Delux.
- Now click the URL and paste it then click on Analyze, and your video will be analyzed.
- Now select the format you want and click OK.
- Then click RUN from the bottom right.
- Wait until the process is complete, and Congrats! you have extracted the audio from the YouTube video successfully.
Is Downloading Audio From YouTube Videos legal?
Before ripping audio from YouTube videos you should know that it’s illegal to extract audio from online videos without the creator’s permission.
Here’s what YouTube has to say on the matter:
You are not allowed to: access, reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, alter, modify or otherwise use any part of the Service or any Content except: (a) as specifically permitted by the Service; (b) with prior written permission from YouTube and, if applicable, the respective rights holders; or (c) as permitted by applicable law.https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=GB&template=terms
However, there are some exceptions that are legal. You can download or extract audio from YouTube videos falling into these categories:
- Public Domain: These videos’ copyright is either expired or abandoned.
- Creative Commons: These videos whose creator allowed the public to reproduce and share the content.
- Copyleft: These videos with free rights to change, share, and reproduce.
Where Can I Download ‘Royalty-Free’ Music?
Here is our awesome full guide on how to download ‘Royalty Free music. But for a list of the best sites, here you go:
- Bensound: lets you download music for free as long as you credit them as the source.
- Pixabay has some free, public domain MP3s you can download also
- Soundstripe uses a subscription model like Netflix where you pay a monthly or yearly fee to access the whole catalog.
- Premium Beat has a wide variety of music also based on a subscription model