So you have decided to delete the Epic games launcher from Mac? Whether it’s the game or launcher that disappointed you when removing you uninstall Epic launcher all support files, preferences, caches, etc will also be removed.
If for some reason Epic launcher won’t uninstall from Mac then this article is for you. Here we have mentioned the two best methods to delete all the leftovers from your Mac.
How to Delete Epic Games Launcher on Mac – Epic Launch Won’t Uninstall?
Method 1. Uninstall Epic Games Launcher Manually
You can apply this step-by-step manual to uninstall the Epic Game Launcher on Mac entirely.
- Quit Epic Games Launcher.
- Close all Processes associated with the app working in the background.
- To close background processes, open a default Apple application called Activity Monitor, If you find any Epic Games working processes, select them and click the “X” button to close them.
- Now remove the Epic Games Launcher from the Applications folder.
- Find and remove all the leftovers of Epic Games.
- As they are also stored in the Library folder. To find them open the finder and press Command+Shift+G.
- Type ~/Library and hit Go.
- Here type this path and delete any files relating to Epic Launcher
- ~/Library/Application Support
- Double-click to open the Application Support folder in the Library, and check and delete Epic Games Launcher’s folder inside.
- Now Go back to the Library window, click to open cache files, and delete those cache files of Epic Games Launcher.
- Now open the Preferences folder in the Library, and delete related preferences of the app or its publisher
After finishing clearing all of the Epic Games Launcher’s files, Now you complete the whole removal job on your computer.
Method 2. Uninstall Epic Games Launcher through Professional Uninstaller
In case you are unable to uninstall Epic Launcher from your Mac then you can take help from a professional Mac uninstaller. To uninstall the Epic Games Launcher, you can use a software tool, App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
Follow the below steps to uninstall Epic Games Launcher.
- Download and Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- From the list of scanned apps, select Epic Games Launcher.
- Click the Remove button.
- Confirm the uninstallation.
- Empty your Trash.
If you already removed Epic Games Launcher into Trash, You can easily find its leftovers by switching to the Remaining Files section. Here you will find all of the remaining files of already removed applications from your Mac.