WWE 2K23 is a popular wrestling game that has been enjoyed by fans. However, there have been reports of the game crashing during online matches or in Create a Wrestler (CAW) mode. These crashes can be frustrating for players who have invested time and effort into building their characters and competing online.
WWE 2K23 is a complex game that requires a significant amount of system resources to run properly. The crashes may occur due to various reasons, including outdated graphics drivers, an incompatible game version, or a lack of sufficient hardware resources.
In this article, we will explain how you can fix WWE 2K23 crashes in online matches.
How to Fix WWE 2K23 Crashing Issues?
These are not official fixes instead we have listed these solutions based on our experience.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
Updating graphics drivers is an essential step in fixing any game-related issues. To update graphics drivers, follow these steps:
- Open the Device Manager by typing “devmgmt.msc” in the Windows search bar.
- Locate the Graphics Card driver and right-click it.
- Click on “Update Driver” and select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Once the update is complete, restart your computer.
Best Alternate To Update Graphics Driver
NVIDIA and AMD do release game-specific updates that you can download and install on your PC but it takes time.
Especially, if you are a newbie or you don’t have time or skills then there are chances that you might end up installing the wrong graphics drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
We have personally used this tool on our Windows 11 PC. The most favorite part is its outstanding scanning feature. You can instantly know which PC part needs to be updated.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field with a mega database of more than 600000 drivers. Users have been using this tool for the last 12 years to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
2. CAW in Regular Mode
To Create a Wrestler CAW, use the regular mode and then import it into MyRise.
- It’s important not to leave CAW running for more than an hour, as this can cause the game to crash or freeze.
- To avoid losing any progress, it’s recommended to save the CAW frequently during the creation process.
3. Disable XMP
Disabling XMP (eXtreme Memory Profile) may help with stability issues if your system is overclocked or if your memory is running at a higher frequency than its default speed.
- Shut down your PC.
- Turn the power switch on.
- Keep pressing the F12/Del/F2 button on the keyboard, depending on your motherboard model. It will boot into the BIOS/UEFI mode.
- This may be called “Advanced Memory Settings,” “DRAM Configuration,” or something similar.
- Look for an option related to XMP or memory overclocking.
- Select the XMP option and set it to “Disabled.“
- Save your changes and exit the BIOS.
4. Disable Anti-Virus
Anti-virus software can interfere with the game’s operation, causing it to crash. Disabling the anti-virus software can help prevent crashes.
To disable anti-virus software, follow these steps:
- Locate the anti-virus software icon in the taskbar.
- Right-click the icon and select “Disable” or “Pause” for a set period.
- Restart the game.
5. Clear Shader Cache
Clearing the shader cache will force your computer to rebuild it from scratch, which may improve performance and stability.
Here are the steps to clear the shader cache:
- Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- Go to the System and then click on Storage.
- Go to Temporary files.
- Check DirectX Shader Cache and uncheck all other options.
- Click on Remove files.
6. Verify Game Files
It is possible that some game files may have become corrupted, causing the game to crash. To verify game files, follow these steps:
- Open Steam and navigate to the Library tab.
- Right-click on WWE 2K23 and select “Properties.”
- Click on the “Local Files” tab and select “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the game.
7. Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
Running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool is a good way to check for any potential issues with your computer’s memory. Here are the steps to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “mdsched.exe” in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Choose either “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)” or “Check for problems the next time I start my computer.”
- Once the test is complete, your computer will automatically restart. If there are any issues with your memory, the results of the test will be displayed on the screen.