Some players have reported issues with the WWE 2K23 universe mode not working properly. If you’re experiencing this problem, don’t worry – there are several steps you can take to fix it.
First, it’s important to understand what universe mode is and how it works. In WWE 2K23, Universe Mode allows players to create their own customized version of the WWE Universe. This includes creating and customizing their own shows, rosters, championships, and storylines. It’s essentially a sandbox mode that lets players create their own version of the WWE world.
How To Fix WWE 2K23 Universe Mode Not Working Issue
Apply these solutions one by one.
1. Clear Cache
Clearing the cache can sometimes help resolve issues with the WWE 2K23 Universe Mode not working, especially if the issue is related to corrupted or outdated data.
To clear the cache on a PlayStation console, follow these steps:
- Turn off the console by pressing and holding the power button until it beeps twice.
- Disconnect the power cord and wait for 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord and turn on the console.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps to start the console in Safe Mode.
- Select “Option 4” (Rebuild Database) and follow the on-screen instructions.
To clear the cache on an Xbox console, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it turns off.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in and turn on the console.
- Press and hold the “Bind” button and the “Eject” button on the console at the same time until you hear a second chime.
- The console will reboot in low-resolution mode. Choose “Clear System Cache” and follow the on-screen instructions.
To clear the cache on your PC, follow these steps:
- Close the WWE 2K23 game if it’s currently running.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “%appdata%” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- In the AppData folder, navigate to the 2K Sports\WWE 2K23 folder.
- Delete the Cache folder located in the WWE 2K23 folder.
- Restart the game and see if the issue with Universe Mode has been resolved.
2. Restart The Mode
Restarting the Universe Mode can be a helpful step to try if you’re experiencing issues with WWE 2K23 Universe Mode.
To restart the Universe Mode, follow these steps:
- Load up WWE 2K23 and go to the main menu.
- Navigate to the “Universe” tab.
- Select “Universe Options” and then “Delete Universe.”
- Confirm that you want to delete the Universe Mode by selecting “Yes.”
- Once the Universe Mode has been deleted, exit the game.
- Restart the game and navigate back to the “Universe” tab.
- Select “Universe Options” and then “Create New Universe.”
3. Check For Updates
One of the most common reasons for issues with Universe Mode is outdated software. Make sure you’ve installed any available updates for WWE 2K23.
- Open the game library on your PlayStation 5 console.
- Select WWE 2K23 and press the Options button on the controller.
- Choose “Check for Updates” from the menu.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
Xbox Series X/S:
- Navigate to “My Games and Apps” on your Xbox Series X/S home screen.
- Select WWE 2K23 and press the Menu button on the controller.
- Choose “Manage game and add-ons” from the menu.
- In the “Updates” section, you will find any available updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
- Open the Steam client and go to the WWE 2K23 game library.
- If an update is available, it will be displayed under the “Updates” section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
4. Verify Game Files
Verifying the game files can be a helpful step to try if you’re experiencing issues with WWE 2K23 Universe Mode on PC.
- Open the Steam client and navigate to the WWE 2K23 game library.
- Right-click the game and select “Properties.”
- Click on the “Local Files” tab.
- Select “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
- Go to the game library on the PlayStation 5 home screen.
- Highlight WWE 2K23 and press the Options button on the controller.
- From the menu, select “Check for Updates.”
- If an update is not available, select “Properties.”
- Select “Verify Game Files.”
- The verification process will start and any missing or corrupted files will be automatically replaced.
Xbox Series X/S:
- Navigate to the Xbox Series X/S home screen and access “My Games and Apps.“
- Highlight WWE 2K23 and press the Menu button on the controller.
- From the menu, select “Manage game and add-ons.”
- To uninstall the game, select “Uninstall all.”