We have the updated 2022 list of top YouTube Video Downloaders apps for PC (free & paid).
Social media usage is at an all-time high today. Online platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tik Tok, and Instagram have millions of users from all over the world. In fact, YouTube’s popularity is increasing over time as a result of greater content creators and influencers.
However, users still have a hard time saving and downloading YouTube videos on this application. In fact, this is mostly only possible with third-party applications. But the good news is that there are a large number of good-quality YouTube video downloaders for Windows and Mac to choose from today. They offer prompt service and allow you to watch videos in HD.
Check out the list below of the best downloader software to look out for in 2022.
What is The Best YouTube Video Downloader for Windows (Our Choice)
We have used multiple youtube downloaders and came to the conclusion that the 4K Video Downloader is the Best Free YouTube Downloader for Windows. It lets you download and save videos without any watermark.
You can download, edit, and convert videos to MP4 and MP3 by simply entering the URL of the video. You can also free download the entire YouTube playlist.
How We Choose The Best YouTube Downloader Software?
YouTube Downloader apps help users to watch videos offline on their PC, mobile, or tablet. These tools help users to download videos in any desired format and then play it back even when the internet is not available.
Below we have listed the important features that users should look for in the best YouTube video downloader.
- Fast & Easy to Use: A good tool must allow its user to download YouTube videos quickly. If you can download videos simply by inserting the URL into the app, you should go for that app.
- Without Limitation: You should be able to download YouTube videos, playlists, or channels entirely. Even the conversion of video into audio is also possible. Although you will find these features in paid YouTube Downloader Software.
- 100% Safe & Clean: Tools must be free from any viruses or unwanted apps. Furthermore, your personal data should also be fully protected.
- Modern Platform Support: Apps should support all modern operating systems and devices that include Android/iOS, Windows/Mac/Linux.
- File Formats Support: The best YouTube download software must be able to convert videos into multiple formats i.e. MP3, 3GP, MP4, WMA, M4A, FLV, WEBM, etc
- Value For Money: It’s a very important factor especially for paid YouTube downloaders. You must be able to use the premium function at an affordable price.
List of Best YouTube Downloaders in 2022
There are two categories of downloaders available on the internet. One is offline and the second is online. The offline YouTube Downloaders need to be installed on a PC or Mac and then use it.
However, to use an online tool is very simple you just need to visit the site and insert the YouTube Video’s URL.
Best Offline YouTube Downloader for PC (Free & Paid)
- Viddly – This tools recently got attention because it has built-in video search engine. Simply search YouTube video and download it in 1080p or 4K resolution. It’s safe and secure video downloading tool. It’s available in Free and Paid versions. (Fix: Viddly not Working or Downloading Videos)
- Allavsoft – It’s another best offline YouTube video downloader and converter that is 100& secure to use. This tool also has built-in video player. It has a breakpoint resume feature that automatically resume video downloading incase internet connection lost. It’s also available in free and Paid verseions.
- ByClick Downloader – Download videos from +40 videos streaming sites (YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Facebook) and convert them in multiple format i.e. HD, MP3, MP4, AVI. The ByClick also has free and paid version.
- 4K Video Downloader – It’s a free cross-platform tool that downloads and converts videos from online streaming websites. You can extract audio and subtitles from videos.
- RealPlayer Downloader – It’s not just a media player for Windows PC to play videos or audio. You can download YouTube Videos convert them and save them using it’s built-in cloud storage.
- VDownloader – Download ultra high definition video, playlist, or channel from any sites and convert them other format. This tools is totally free of charge.
- WinX Youtube Downloader – Another free video downloader that lets you download YouTube Videos in high resolution with blasing fast speed.
- Internet Download Manager (IDM) – The worls’s most popular audio and video downloader for PC. You can download videos with 5x speed. It’s also available in free trial and paid version.
- YTD Video Downloader – Another best Youtube video downloader tool that has buit-in video player downloader and converter. There is no limitation you can download playlist, channels.
Best Online Youtube Video Downloaders
- Yt1s.com – The best online downloader that doesn’t require installation of software on your PC. Million of users are using the Yt1s.com downloader. It’s a free online downloader that can download YouTube and Facebook videos and convert them into mp3 or mp4.
- Y2Mate.com – Download video from YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Youku, etc and convert them to Mp3, Mp4 in HD quality. Y2mate supports downloading all video formats such as: MP4, M4V, 3GP, WMV, FLV, MO, MP3, WEBM, etc. You can easily download for free thousands of videos from YouTube and other websites.
- SaveFrom.net – Another online platform to download videos by simply inserting the URL. You can install free Savefrom helper browser extension for Google Chrome Firefox and Opera.
- Y2Mate.Guru – Free online Youtube downlaoder to for quick downlaod YouTube videos on PC and Mobiles. You can also convert video of 90 minutes duration using the YT downloader.
- YTMP3.com – Ytmp3 is a free online converting tool which helps you download any video you find on YouTube into an audio format.
- Snappea.com – Best YouTube video downloader for PC and Android that saves videos and convert them into to any desired format.
- FBDown.net – A dedicated online Facebook video downloader with a chrome extension. This online video downloader can grab videos from 100+ video streaming sites.
- SnapSave – Another Youtube and Facebook downlaoder app that lets you download videos in 1080p, 2K, 4K resolution. It’s free for all devices.
How To Download YouTube Videos on Your PC?
Downloading a video using the best youtube video downloader is very easy. If the users are using the offline video downloaders then they need to follow these steps.
Usually, there are 4 steps involved in downloading a video using the software.
- Install The App: For instance, download Viddly on your Windows 10/11 PC. Double-click on the viddly’s executable to complete the installation procedure.
- Select Video: There are two options you will find inside the YouTube downloader software. Either type a keyword to search for a video or browse YouTube and then copy the desired video’s URL. It automatically recognizes any valid URLs and will suggest initiating a download.
- Select Format: As already told most YouTube Video Downloaders support multiple video formats. You can also find a wide range of resolutions and formats i.e. audio as a 128 Kbps MP3 file, or an Ultra High Definition 4K video as an MP4. Choose the relevant format.
- Download Video: Once everything is set simply hit the download button. The app will optimize the download speed and only initiate a conversion in case it’s required.
Why Download Videos From YouTube?
There are numerous reasons that will push you to download videos from YouTube.
- To create a backup because often videos from YouTube gets removed or deleted.
- You might want to edit videos for some project.
- If you are a student you want need download YouTube videos to prepare presentation.
- If you have internet connectivity issues then it’s recommended to use YouTube Videos Downloaders.
Is It Legal To Download Videos From YouTube and Other Websites?
Generally, it’s illegal to use someone else’s video. It’s against the YouTube Terms of Services.
However, there is an exception that comes under “Fair Use”. Fair Use is an internationally recognized concept in intellectual properties but the burden to prove lies upon the person who is using videos.
Another exception that YouTube has made available for us is to use only those videos that come under the Creative Commons. You won’t be penalized using this content.