Did you install any particular software or game on Windows PC and it’s saying that Direct3d 12 or Direct X latest version is required? Don’t worry here you can easily download DirectX 12 (DX12) offline installer on Windows 10/11 both 32-bit & 64-bit OS.
DirectX 12 is a software development kit (SDK) and runtime allows software or games to work efficiently with your video and audio hardware. The DirectX latest version is specially used for running tasks related to games, videos, and other multimedia on Windows PCs and laptops.
- Developer: Microsoft
- Version: 12
- License: Free
- File Size: 95.6 MB
- Updated: Feb 20, 2021
- Requirements: Windows 11/10
DirectX 12 System Requirements & Support
Both Windows 10 and Windows 11 are the primary operating systems that provide support for DirectX 12.
DirectX 12 is compatible with a wide range of Nvidia GPUs, including those based on the Kepler, Maxwell, and Fermi architectures. This encompasses the majority of graphics cards from the 4xx, 5xx, and 6xx series, as well as all the 7xx and 8xx series.
For AMD GPUs, DirectX 12 is supported by all GPUs starting from the HD 77xx family or above, the HD 85xx family or above, and the Radeon R5 family or above. This covers various iterations of GCN, ranging from 1.0 to 1.2.
How to install DirectX 12 on Windows 10 64-bit?
DirectX 12 and DirectX 12 Ultimate are not available as standalone packages that can be downloaded separately. Instead, the latest version of DirectX, including DirectX 12 (Ultimate), is distributed through Windows Update.
When you update your Windows 10 or Windows 11 operating system, the DirectX update will be included as part of that process. This ensures that you have the most up-to-date version of DirectX installed on your system.
What’s New In DirectX 12 Download Windows 10 64 Bit
These are the primary updates that tagged along in this rendition:
- CPU and GPU outstanding tasks at hand are handled independently to pick up in execution.
- Remedy of blemishes kept us from knowing the motivation behind why the GPU bombed deciphering directions.
- Improved troubleshooting of the two directions and data. As it were, it’s simpler to recognize a mistake and for the client to inform it and attempt to fix it.
- Backing for 4K goals.
- Enhancements went for workstations.
DirectX 12 Supported AMD Graphic Cards
- AMD Radeon™ R9 Series illustrations
- AMD Radeon™ R7 Series illustrations
- AMD Radeon™ R5 240 illustrations
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series illustrations for OEM frameworks (HD 8570 and up)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series illustrations for scratchpad
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series illustrations (HD 7730 and up)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series illustrations for scratch pad (HD 7730M and up)
- AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-7000 Series APUs (codenamed “Kaveri”)
- AMD A6/A8/A10 PRO-7000 Series APUs (codenamed “Kaveri”)
- AMD E1/A4/A10 Micro-6000 Series APUs (codenamed “Mullins”)
- AMD E1/E2/A4/A6/A8-6000 Series APUs (codenamed “Beema”)
DirectX 12 Ultimate supported NVIDIA graphics cards
GeForce RTX 3090, 3080 (Ti), 3070 (Ti), 3060 (Ti), RTX 30/20 series laptops, TITAN RTX, 2080 (Ti), 2080 Super, 2070 (Ti), 2070 Super, 2060, 2060 Super.
What If I Don’t Have DirectX 12 Download on Windows 10/11?
Sometimes when you download games, Direct3D 12 is replaced with its older version i.e. DirectX 11, or Direct 9. In that case, you can download DirectX 12 (DX12) offline installer from here on your Windows 10 (32 & 64-bit) PC.
FAQ – DirectX 12 Download
1. Is DirectX 12 backward compatible with older versions of Windows?
DirectX 12 is specifically designed for Windows 10 and subsequent versions of the operating system. It is not compatible with older operating systems like Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.
2. Do I need specific hardware to use DirectX 12?
DirectX 12 relies on hardware support from both the GPU and the CPU. Although the majority of modern GPUs and CPUs are compatible with DirectX 12, it is advisable to verify the system requirements of individual applications and games to ensure compatibility. This is particularly important to ensure optimal performance and functionality.
3. Are there any alternatives to DirectX 12?
Indeed, there are alternative APIs available, including Vulkan and OpenGL, which provide cross-platform support. However, DirectX 12 is specifically optimized for the Windows platform, offering distinct advantages and integration features for developers targeting Windows-based systems.
4. Can I use DirectX 12 on Xbox consoles?
Yes, the program is the primary graphics API used on Xbox consoles, providing developers with a unified development experience across Windows PCs and Xbox platforms.
5. Are there any performance benefits for DirectX 12 on older hardware?
Although DirectX 12 is optimized for modern hardware, older hardware can still experience benefits such as reduced CPU overhead and improved multicore utilization. However, the extent of these performance improvements may vary depending on the specific hardware configuration.
6. Is DirectX 12 free to download?
Developers can freely access DirectX 12 as part of the Windows SDK without any cost. There are no additional licensing fees required for the commercial or non-commercial use of the software.