Are you dealing with Disney Pluss error code 83 telling you “Something went wrong. Please try again….” and you have no idea what it is about? Especially when you are about to sit with your popcorn to watch your favorite show but this error at the very start of the show spoiled your whole mood?
There is nothing to worry about because you are at the right post to bring back your enjoyment by learning how to fix this error code 83 on Disney plus.
What Does Disney Plus Error Code 83 Mean?
“Error Code 83 on TV or Laptop” is one of the most frequently occurring error codes on Disney Plus. This one indicates that Disney Plus thinks you’re using an incompatible device, unstable internet, or using VPN.
Although this is most probably an anti-piracy attempt, glitches imply that even on the appropriate devices, you can encounter it. So let’s suppose you are using a compatible device (you can check the device compatibility list as well) and try these fixes to fix the error code 83.
How To Fix Disney Plus Error Code 83?
Here we have some troubleshooting methods to fix this error, try them one by one until you reach an effective one.
1. Start With Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Disney Plus needs a strong internet connection in order to function properly. An unstable internet connection might make Disney Plus believe that there is a problem with your device, resulting in error code 83.
- If you’re streaming using a wireless internet connection, you may try to boost the signal by rebooting your router, shifting it closer to your streaming device, switching off other devices that are connected to the internet, or just switching to a different connection.
- Restart Disney Plus.
- On a smartphone, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see the list of open applications, then slide Disney Plus off the screen.
- If using a PC, close your web browser. Open Disney Plus once more, and then try viewing something.
- You should switch your device and turn it on again if it doesn’t work.
2. Verify Disney Plus App on Device
If you’re experiencing Disney Plus Error Code 83 then it’s possible that you need to verify your Disney+ account. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Disney+ app on your iOS device and go to your account settings.
- Look for a verification warning and click the “Send” button to request a verification email.
- Check your email inbox, including your spam folder, for the verification email from Disney+.
- Open the email and follow the instructions to verify your account.
- Once you’ve verified your account, go back to the Disney+ app and try streaming again.
Verifying your Disney+ account can sometimes resolve Error Code 83, especially if you’ve recently signed up for the service or made changes to your account. If you continue to experience issues after verifying your account, you may need to contact Disney+ support for further assistance.
3. Update the Device & App
Your device may no longer support Disney Plus if you haven’t updated it in a while. Via Settings, you can update your device. Consider buying another device if the one you’re using is so outdated that you can’t install updates on it.
Make sure the Disney Plus app is updated as well. Here is the procedure:
- On a gaming console or streaming device, choose the Disney Plus app from your home screen then hit the settings button on your remote.
- On a smartphone, go to the Android Play Store or the iPhone App Store.
- On a PC, there isn’t a Disney Plus app, but you can upgrade your web browser by hitting the three dots or lines in the top-right corner. You might also need to access the settings menu for the browser. Also, make sure your window is up to date.
4. Make Sure You’re Using the Right Watching Method
Disney Plus is compatible with a wide range of devices. But, there is a unique way to watch Disney Plus on each of these devices.
- Make sure you’re using the official Disney Plus app, for instance, if you’re using an iPhone or an Android device. It is impossible to watch with a web browser.
- Third-party Disney Plus applications on PCs are insecure. Alternatively, access the Disney Plus website directly using a web browser.
5. Hotspot Connectivity Issues
If you stream Disney Plus using a hotspot, it may buffer, and the video quality may decrease over time, resulting in Error Code 83.
If you are using Hotspot and obtaining Error Code 83, you can do the following:
- Go as close to the hotspot as you can. It’s recommended to stay within 15 feet.
- Make sure that all data mode and battery saving functions are disabled.
- Find out if the issue is with your smartphone or the hotspot by connecting a different device to it.
- Open another app to verify that all other apps are operating normally.
- Clear the cache and any cookies.
- Disconnect from the hotspot and then reconnect.
6. Check Your Web Browser
Check your web browser to see whether Disney Plus is compatible with it or not. Disney Plus is with Chrome on Chrome OS, Edge on Windows, Firefox on macOS, Internet Explorer on Windows, and Safari on macOS.
Disney Error Code 83 might be caused by the fact that you are using another browser. You can follow this way to resolve the problem if you are using a Disney Plus-compatible browser.
Other than this make sure you have cleared the cache of your browser to fix the error. As many users have reported that the issue has been resolved by doing this.
7. Reinstall the Disney Plus App
Reinstall Disney Plus after removing it from your device. Even if there isn’t an update, the problem can still be caused by your app. App bug or corrupted data may be the cause of Error Code 83. By totally removing and reinstalling the app, you can assess whether the problem has been fixed.
8. Disable VPN or Proxy
The services of the Disney Plus app are not available in certain regions. To bypass region restriction users use VPN.
In case you have no restrictions and still you are using VPN or proxy, then disable it and try streaming again. Some VPNs and proxies may interfere with the Disney+ app.
9. Contact Disney Plus Support
Once you’ve applied all of the above-mentioned fixes, Disney Plus should function properly on your devices. But if the error code 83 still persists, you should get in touch with Disney Plus support and report it
How To Fix Disney Plus Error Code 83 on TV?
Here are some steps you can take to fix the issue:
- First, check your TV’s internet connection and then restart the modem.
- Power off the TV and unplug the cable then turn it on.
- Clear the cache and data of the Disney Plus app on the TV.
- If possible update the Disney+ app
- Disconnect other devices from the same internet connection. They might be causing network congestion
- Make sure to update the TV operating system.
- Use a different device that supports Disney+
- Reset your TV to factory settings.
How To Fix Disney Plus Error Code 83 on Firestick?
If you are dealing with error code 83 on Disney Pluss then follow the same steps as mentioned above.