Many Evil West players have reported the issue that when launching the game, it gets stuck and keeps showing a black screen. A black screen during gameplay was also reported by some users.
The reason for the black screen could be an issue with the game itself or with the player’s end of the connection.
You can use the troubleshooting techniques in this article to fix the Evil West black screen bug.
How To Fix Evil West Black Screen Issue on PC?
Here are the few solutions and fixes we mentioned that can assist you in fixing the Evil West black screen Issue, try them.
But First check your system meets the requirements to play the game and you have restarted your PC.
2. Run the game as the administrator
If Evil West’s black screen problem persists, you could try starting the game in administrator mode. This will resolve any privilege problems. To achieve this, you should start the Steam client on your computer as an administrator.
- Right-click on the Evil West icon on your desktop.
- Now navigate to the properties tab and choose the Run as Admin checkbox.
- Click OK after selecting apply. To restart, your game will need the admin password.
3. Update Graphics Driver
Typically, a game enters black screen mode when the graphics hardware is unable to simulate the game images. We must occasionally upgrade the graphics card drivers in order to prevent this.
- To open the quick access menu, right-click when your cursor is above the start menu.
- From the list, click the device manager.
- Double-click on the display adapters in the device management menu at this time.
- Right-click your graphic card right now.
- Select update automatically after selecting update driver.
- Updates will be downloaded and installed automatically if there are any.
- Restart your computer when the update is finished.
Although, NVIDIA and AMD release game-specific updates that you can download and install on your PC it takes time.
Also updating the graphics card drivers is a time-consuming task, and if you are a newbie you can end up installing the wrong drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field and for 12 years users are using it to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
4. Install DX11
A unique game companion program for Windows PCs called DirectX improves the interoperability of games across various Windows PCs, particularly for games. The program is simple to install; you can get a free download of it from the official Microsoft website and set it up on your computer.
5. Get the latest Windows updates
Update your Windows to the most recent version if you are still using an older version.
- You may access settings from the start menu or by pressing Window + I.
- Now choose Security Settings and Updates.
- In case there are any updates, click Download and Install after selecting Check for Updates.
- Afterward, restart your computer.
Fix your Windows version as soon as you can if it is pirated or not activated. Many people claim that by only registering their Windows OS license, they were able to resolve the black screen problem.
6. Update the Game
Follow the instructions below to check for updates and install the most recent patch if you haven’t updated the Evil West game in a while (if available). How to do it:
- Activate the Steam client. Go to Library and choose Evil West in the left-hand menu.
- It will automatically look for the most recent update. Make sure you click Update if there is an update available.
- The update installation process could take some time. After finishing, be careful to shut off the Steam client.
- Finally, restart your computer to implement the modifications before attempting to open the game once more.
7. Close any background processes
Terminate useless apps to free up RAM so they run smoothly.
- Press Alt+ Ctr+ Del and a window will appear.
- To access your Task Manager, click on it.
- To view the task that is now executing, click the processes tab.
- Click the End Task button in the top right corner after selecting the task.
- When everything is finished, restart your computer.
8. Try Disabling overlay apps
It appears that a few well-known applications have their own overlay programs that may ultimately operate in the background and interfere with the smoothness of gameplay or even launch problems. It’s possible that this is the problem causing the black screen issue.
Disabling Discord overlay
- Open the Discord application. The gear symbol is at the bottom; click it.
- Select Overlay from the App Settings menu >enable the in-game overlay setting.
- Choose Evil West by selecting the Games tab.
- Finally, deactivate the toggle for the in-game overlay.
- To implement changes, make sure to restart your computer.
Disable Xbox Game Bar
- To access Windows Settings, press Windows + I.
- Select Games> Visit the Game Bar >turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcasts using the Game bar.
- In the unlikely event that you can’t locate the Game Bar option, look for it in the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay
- Open the Settings page in the Nvidia GeForce Experience app.
- Disable the In-Game Overlay feature by selecting the General tab.
- Restart the computer.
Additionally, keep in mind that you should always disable any background-running third-party overlay programs, such as MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, etc.