Several gamers have begun to complain that Evil West continues crashing startups after installing the game.
If you’re also experiencing this problem, use these troubleshooting instructions to resolve it. Players may experience the startup crashing issue on the PC for a variety of reasons.
Fortunately, we’ve provided a few solutions for you below that may be useful.
How To Fix Evil West Keeps Crashing on Startup on PC?
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
If you have already attempted the following fixes to solve the Evil West crashing on the startup then try any of the below solutions until the issue is fully addressed.
- Check the system requirements
- Run the game as an administrator
- Update the GPU Driver
- Close unnecessary background tasks
- Repair the game files
- Update Windows
- Turn off windows firewall and antivirus software
1. Disable Fullscreen Optimizations
For certain PCs, turning off the Windows system’s fullscreen optimizations for your particular game application file should resolve compatibility problems.
- Click on Library after launching the Steam client.
Right-click Evil West and select Manage.
- Select Browse local files and then navigate to the Evil West installation location.
- Choose “Evil West.exe” from the context menu in the right-click menu. The Properties option should be selected.
- Verify that Disable fullscreen optimizations are checked by going to the Compatibility tab and doing so.
- To save changes, click Apply, followed by OK.
2. Force Use the Dedicated GPU
To consistently receive better graphics performance, it’s advised to utilize your desktop’s dedicated (external) graphics card for demanding games and programs.
- Right-click the empty desktop and select Activate the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Select 3D Settings. Go to Manage 3D Settings and click.
- Program Settings, then From the selection, choose Evil West.
- Choose the preferred graphics processor for this program from the list.
- When finished, it will appear as a High-Performance Nvidia Processor.
- Restart the computer after saving your modifications.
- Open Radeon Settings by performing a right-click on the empty desktop.
- Select “Additional Settings” Select Preferences.
- Select Switchable Graphics Application Settings by clicking on Power.
- From the selection, choose Evil West. [To include the game if it is not displayed, choose Add Application]
- After finishing, choose High Performance under Graphics Settings.
- Restart the computer to implement the modifications, then.
3. Update the Evil West Game
A game patch that is out of date may have a number of possible problems that might result in crashes.
- Launch Steam, then choose Library.
- Select Evil West in the left navigation window.
- The available update will be immediately looked for by Steam.
- Click Update to see if there is an update available.
- Make sure to give the update some time to finish.
- Once finished, make sure to restart the computer to effect the modifications.
4. Turn Off Third-Party Overly
Because they utilize quite a lot of system resources, third-party overlay conflicts are usually what create problems with the game launching. So, try manually deactivating overlay applications.
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Open the Discord application. At the bottom, select the Settings gear icon.
- Choose Overlay from the App Settings menu. enable the in-game overlay setting.
- Select Evil West by clicking Games.
- Make sure the toggle for the in-game overlay is off.
- Reboot your computer to have the changes take effect.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- To access Settings, press Win+I.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar to continue.
- Using the Game bar option, disable Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast.
- Save your changes afterward, then restart your computer to make them effective.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Open the Nvidia GeForce Experience application. Access Settings.
- Disable the In-Game Overlay option by selecting General.
- Restart the computer to have the modifications take effect.
Disable Steam Overlay:
- Activate the Steam client. Select Library.
- Right-click Evil West and Select Properties.
- Select General. The option to enable the Steam Overlay while playing must be disabled.
- Once finished, restart the computer to modify the results.
Some expert or PC gamers employ additional overlay programs like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, etc. It’s best to switch off any additional mouse, keyboard, or RGB tools you may be utilized if they aren’t absolutely essential for gaming.
5. Adjust Power Management Options
To maximize the speed of your computer and prevent system crashes during startup, it is preferable to enable the high-performance power option before playing games.
- Open the Type Control Panel by selecting it from the Start Menu.
- Select Power Options by selecting Hardware and Sound.
- After choosing High Performance, you’re done.
- Restart the computer to implement the modifications, then.
6. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Make sure to manually reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables on your Windows PC by following the instructions below if it isn’t already installed or if it isn’t even currently available for download.
- Open the Start Menu, then click on Apps & Features.
- One by one, choose the Microsoft Visual C++ program(s) from the list.
- Click Uninstall, then adhere to the prompts on the screen.
- Restart the computer once all Visual C++ applications have been removed.
- Visit the Microsoft website and download the most recent version of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- You adjust the effects, make sure to install it on your computer, and restart it.
7. Restore Default to Overclocked CPU or GPU
On occasion, an overclocked CPU or GPU may clash with other hardware, leading to a bottleneck problem. It’s preferable to momentarily disable or reset the overclocked CPU/GPU to the factory default in order to investigate the potential cause of the crashing problem.
To adjust an overclocked CPU or GPU on a PC, a variety of online tools are available, including MSI Afterburner, Riva Tuner, AMD Ryzen Master, EVGA Precision X, etc.