Just like other high FPS games, the players dealing with Evil West won’t launch problems on their Windows PC.
There are chances that your Evil West game won’t start for a variety of reasons, including an outdated game version, missing or damaged game files, superfluous background tasks, etc.
We’ll go on to the below solutions, which should enable you to resolve the issue.
How To Fix Evil West Won’t Launch Problem on PC?
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Let’s get started now without wasting any more time. Make sure to stick to every suggestion until the issue is resolved. For more help, you should contact support if the game still won’t launch correctly.
Have you already tried these solutions?
- Check the system requirements
- Run game as administrator
- Verify the integrity of game files
- Install windows updates
- Close background processes
- Update GPU drivers
- Perform a clean boot
Now, apply the following solutions listed below to fix Evil West won’t launch the problem on PC.
1. Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- On your PC, navigate to the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist
The subsequent folders need to be visible:
- Just be careful to launch each and every one of the executable files that are available. Run the vc_redist.x64.exe program in any additional directories you may have.
- To repair the problem, restart your computer.
2. Update DirectX
- Navigate to the folder located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared_CommonRedist\DirectX.
- Run DXSETUP.exe to reinstall or upgrade DirectX after that.
- Restart your computer to have the changes take effect.
3. Disable Overlay Apps
Some gamers claim that they were able to quickly resolve the game not launching issue by turning off the Steam overlay on their Windows PC. When you start the game client, the in-game overlay software is constantly running in the background, therefore it’s possible to run into problems with processes or system resources.
Regarding Steam Overlay:
- Launch the Steam client, then choose Library.
- Right-click Evil West again and choose Properties.
- Simply uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay checkbox in the General section.
- To check for the not launching issue, return to the Library and reopen Squad.
4. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
- Select the Control Panel from the Start menu by typing it in the search bar.
- Enter “firewall” into the search box now, then choose “Windows Firewall.”
- Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off in the left pane.
- In the Network Settings for the Private, Domain, and Public Networks, select Turn off Windows Firewall.
- Restart the computer to implement the modifications and attempt to troubleshoot the problem.
You must now stop Windows Defender’s anti-virus protection by performing the procedures listed below:
- Open Windows Settings and choose Privacy and Security.
- Access Windows Security > Virus & threat prevention at this time.
- Turn off Real-time Protection by clicking Manage settings and then selecting that option.
- Once finished, turn your computer on again to implement the modifications.
Make sure to manually switch off any third-party antivirus software if you’re using one.
5. Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
You might want to try starting the game in Windowed display mode to see if it makes a difference. A PC with ordinary hardware specs may occasionally have a number of problems when running a game in fullscreen mode.
- Go to Library in the Steam client by opening it.
- Select Properties by right-clicking on Evil West.
- Select Set Launch Options from the General section.
- Then, copy and paste the subsequent command-line argument:
- -windowed -noborder
- Make careful to save your modifications before trying to launch Evil West again to see whether everything went as planned.
6. Reset Evil West
- The Quick Link Menu may be accessed by pressing the Windows (Start) + X keys.
- Choosing Apps and Features To choose Evil West, click it in the list of installed apps.
- Select Reset by clicking on Advanced options now.
- After finishing, restart your computer and attempt to start the game.
7. Reinstall Evil West
Try reinstalling Evil West if none of the other solutions worked for you to see if it resolves the problem of the game not running. To accomplish this:
- Open Steam on your PC by launching it.
- Go to Library and then select Evil West from the context menu.
- Go to Manage and choose Uninstall.
- Whenever asked, click Uninstall once again and adhere to the on-screen directions to finish the removal.
- When finished, restart your computer to have the modifications take effect right away.
- Launch the Steam client, then install the game using your current Steam login.