Encountering the Fatal Application Error D3D (26) in Exoprimal or other games can be frustrating. This error may occur due to damaged Direct3D program files, incompatible system requirements, or running the game at high settings.
This article provides step-by-step instructions to fix the error and offers a method to close unresponsive programs without restarting your computer.
How To Fix Exoprimal Fatal Application Error D3D (26)
Follow the below-mentioned steps in a sequence to fix the fatal application error D3D (26) in Exoprimal.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Part 1. Use Windows Key + Tab To Close Unresponsive Programs
- Press the Windows key + Tab simultaneously to open the Task View.
- Drag the unresponsive Exoprimal application to Desktop 2.
- Attempt to close the program on Desktop 2 or use the Task Manager to end the process associated with the application.
Part 2: Fix the Fatal Application Error D3D (26) in Exoprimal
Now follow the below solutions to get the problem resolved.
1. Verify PC Compatibility and Direct3D Integrity:
- Ensure your computer meets the game’s system requirements.
- Verify the integrity of the Direct3D program by following these steps:
- For Steam users: Right-click on the game in your Steam library, select Properties, go to the Installed Files tab, and click on Verify Integrity.
- For other platforms, check for similar options to verify game files.
2. Update Graphics Card Drivers and Install Windows Updates:
- Update your graphics card drivers to the latest version.
- Check for pending Windows updates and install them if available. Ensure your operating system is up to date, as some games require specific updates to run properly.
- Verify that the system requirements match the game
3. Modify Graphics Options through the .ini File:
- Locate the Exoprimal.ini file by navigating to This PC > Documents > EXOPRIMAL_BETA_Steam.
- Create a backup copy of the “config.ini” file to revert to if needed.
- Right-click on “config.ini” and select “Open with” followed by “Notepad.”
- Delete all existing text and replace it with the modified graphics options provided in this link.
- Save the changes made to the “config.ini” file.
4. Run the Game in Windowed, Low-Quality Mode:
- Launch Exoprimal and check if it runs in a windowed, low-quality state.
- Gradually adjust each graphical option within the game.
By following the outlined steps, you can resolve the Fatal Application Error D3D (26) in Exoprimal and other similar games. Remember to close unresponsive programs using Windows Key + Tab and Desktop 2.
Additionally, ensure compatibility, verify Direct3D integrity, update graphics card drivers, and modify graphics options through the .ini file. These steps will help you enjoy a smooth gaming experience without encountering Fatal Application Errors.