Far Cry 6 not launching after the 10/26 update! Don’t worry you can fix this issue.
Many Far Cry fans are complaining that since they updated their PC or Ubisoft game the game is not launching at all.
When they click on play Far Cry 6 acts like it’s going to work instead it shows a black screen on startup or a little loading window pops up and disappears
Well, it’s normal for PC games to show random errors i.e startup crashing, lagging, stuttering, FPS drops, black screen, graphical glitches, or audio-related issues.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Luckily, you can fix most of the PC game errors with the tricks explained below.
Table of Contents
- Why is Far Cry not launching on my computer?
- How To Fix Far Cry 6 Not Launching Issue on PC
- Check System Requirements of Far Cry 6
- Fix 1. Restart Your PC
- Fix 2. Update your Graphics Driver
- Fix 3. Clear Ubisoft Cache
- Fix 4. Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Fix 5. Switching to the US keyboard
- Fix 6. Copying the bin_plus folder to bin folder
- Fix 7. Close Unnecessary Apps
- Fix 8. Disable AntiVirus Software
- Fix 9. Disable Steam Overlay and Xbox Game Bar
- Fix 10. Reinstall the Game
Why is Far Cry not launching on my computer?
As Far Cry 6 is a new edition in the Far Cry family it has stunning graphics, audio, and story. If you are constantly dealing with Far Cry 6, not launching problem it because:
- Your PC won’t meet the minimum system requirements.
- The PC GPU drivers are outdated.
- Unnecessary backgrounds app running in your PC.
- Aggressive antivirus software blocking games files from running.
- Overlay apps to enhance gaming experience.
How To Fix Far Cry 6 Not Launching Issue on PC
Apply the following solutions if the Far Cry 6 is not launching or failed to start at all. You don’t have to try all the fixes just work your way down the list until you find the right one.
Note: Make sure that you have updated the Windows OS and run the game as admin.
Check System Requirements of Far Cry 6
Before applying the below fixes to fix Far Cry not launching on PC check your system hardware.
|System Requirements||Minimum requirements (30 FPS)||Recommended requirements (60 FPS)|
|Operating System||Windows 10 (20H1 version or newer, 64-bit versions)||Windows 10 (20H1 version or newer, 64-bit versions)|
|Processor||AMD Ryzen 3 1200 @ 3. Ghz or Intel Core i5-4460 @ 3.1 Ghz||AMD Ryzen 5 3600X @ 3.8 Ghz or Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6 Ghz|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|Video Card (GPU)||AMD RX 460 (4 GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (4 GB)||AMD RX Vega 64 (8 GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB)|
|DirectX||DirectX 12||DirectX 12|
|Hard Drive||60 GB||60 GB|
Now check your system’s hardware if your PC matches the minimum system requirements then all you need is to tweak in-game graphics or apply the following fixes.
In case your PC doesn’t support then you need to upgrade your gaming PC or at least buy the gaming CPU and GPU so that you can run the game. Otherwise, keep dealing with Far Cry not launching problem.
Fix 1. Restart Your PC
If you haven’t thought about restarting your PC then maybe it’s time to do it now. Most of the time game launching errors resolve once you restart your PC.
Fix 2. Update your Graphics Driver
All modern PC games require a graphics card to show you graphical images and the Graphics card performs better if they are updated.
To find the graphics card update you have to manually visit the manufacturer site and then download it.
However, we recommend you to download Driver Easy which automatically performs this function. The Driver Easy is a system’s drivers updater tool that can update any drivers in seconds.
All you need is to download Driver Easy Free Trial Version and install it on your PC. Now run it and press on Scan Now button to let it scan all the device’s drivers. After the scan, it will present you with a list of old drivers that need the latest version. Now click the Update All button or individually select any driver to update.
Fix 3. Clear Ubisoft Cache
It’s possible that Far Cry 6 game Cache got corrupted. It’s advised to delete the game cache and then try to launch the game.
To do that:
- Press Win + E to open File Explorer.
- Paste this path to open C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher
- Now Delete the Cache folder.
Fix 4. Verify Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes during installation, the game files get corrupted or missed causing the Launching error on startup. You need to verify the integrity of game files that will check and replace any corrupted files.
For Far Cry 6 not launching problem on Epic Games, follow these steps:
- Open Epic game Launcher.
- Go to your game’s library and locate Far Cry 6.
- Click on the 3 dots on the bottom right to open Settings and then click on Verify.
- Epic Games will then start verifying game files, so wait for a couple of minutes.
If any file is found corrupted it will be downloaded and replaced.
For Far Cry 6 not launching problem on U-Play, follow these steps:
- Open U-Play launcher.
- Go to your games Library.
- From the bottom right of your games click on More Actions and then navigate to Verify Files
- Wait for the process to complete and then replay the game.
Fix 5. Switching to the US keyboard
Many users claimed that once they switched to the US keyboard the Far Cry 6 not launching problem went away.
Locate keyboard settings at the Taskbar bottom right (where the clock is) and click on it to switch to the US keyboard.
Fix 6. Copying the bin_plus folder to bin folder
Another Far Cry fan suggested that if you copy all the files from the bin_plus folder and paste them into the bin folder you can solve the problem.
All you have to do is to go to the path where you have installed the game and locate the Bin_Plus folder.
Fix 7. Close Unnecessary Apps
Multiple apps running in that background cause launching errors because they put a load on the CPU.
You need to close all apps using the Task Manager. Additionally, try to clean boot your PC. That means running your PC without any process or service. For that:
- Press Start menu and type System Configuration.
- Click on the Services tab and then check the box Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Click on Disable All and then OK to save the changes.
Fix 8. Disable AntiVirus Software
You need to disable antivirus from running in the background or simply uninstall it temporarily to check if it fixes the problem.
Fix 9. Disable Steam Overlay and Xbox Game Bar
If you have activated Steam, Discord overlay they might interrupt the game. The same goes for XBOX Game Bar which is the Windows 10 built-in feature.
You need to disable them and then run the game to see if it fixes the launching problem.
Fix 10. Reinstall the Game
If non of the above fixes work for you then there’s only one way that might fix Far Cry 6 not launching error.
Reinstall the Far Cry 6 on your PC. Before that uninstall the game file and all its components using the best uninstaller.
Then install the game.