Doom Eternal Crashing stops you from enjoying your game in a startup without giving any error.
More than half of the games face crashing issues, Doom Eternal is not left behind. Many gamers reported crashing issues on startup after loading the screen. But You are in the right place.
We come up here with all troubleshooting solutions you can try when DOOM Eternal Crashing issues occur.
Table of Contents
- Why Doom Eternal Crashing On Startup After Loading Screen?
- How is Doom Eternal Crashing On Startup After Loading Screen?
- Fix 1. Meet the minimum system requirements
- Fix 2. Update your graphics driver
- Fix 3. Verify the integrity of your game files
- Fix 4. Lower your in-game settings
- Fix 5. Increase virtual memory
- Fix 6. Check for Windows update
- Fix 7. Run the Game as Admin
- Fix 8. Disable unnecessary programs
- Fix 9. Reinstall the game
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why Doom Eternal Crashing On Startup After Loading Screen?
Video Games crashes for various reasons. Here we have listed the most common reasons of game crashing issues:
- Corrupted graphics driver
- Missing game files
- Improper in-game settings
- PC overheating
- Software conflicts
- Low RAM
- Outdated Windows Version
How is Doom Eternal Crashing On Startup After Loading Screen?
You don’t need to apply all of the fixes at once. Just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
Fix 1. Meet the minimum system requirements
The minimum system specifications to play DOOM need to be met to run the game.
Here are the system requirements to play DOOM to resolve crashing issue.
|DOOM Minimum Specifications||DOOM Recommended Specifications|
|OS:||Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)||Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)|
|Processor:||Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better||Intel Core i7-3770 / AMD FX-8350|
|Memory:||8 GB RAM||8 GB RAM|
|Graphics:||NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better||NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB|
|Storage:||55 GB available space||55 GB available space|
Make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements. If If your computer didn’t meet the MINIMUM requirements, the only solution would be an upgrade to your computer’s hardware.
Fix 2. Update your graphics driver
Doom Eternal Crashing on startup after loading the screen will arise on Windows 10 and 11 PC if you have outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance you need to update the graphics driver. There are two methods to update graphics cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit NVIDIA/AMD sites and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 3. Verify the integrity of your game files
Some corrupted and missing files cause the game to crash. To see if that the problem for you, follow the instructions below:
- Run Steam client.
- Click LIBRARY.
- Right-click DOOM and select Properties
- Click the LOCAL FILES tab, and then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES.
- Wait for this process to be complete, and then relaunch DOOM.
If this fix goes in vain, then take a look at the next fix below
Fix 4. Lower your in-game settings
mproper game settings can also cause the game to fail. If the game isn’t running smoothly, try lowing the graphics settings. Here is how:
- Run DOOM
- Go to SETTINGS > VIDEO >Advanced Settings.
- Find the Virtual Texture Pool Size, and turn it to Low.
- Relaunch the game to see if this worked.
If not, move on and try the next solution below.
Fix 5. Increase virtual memory
If your computer runs out of RAM when performing an intensive task, Windows will dip into virtual memory for temporary file storage. If the virtual memory is not sufficient to save temporary files, applications running on your PC might crash.
In this case, follow the instructions below to increase the size of your virtual memory:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type advanced system settings
- Click Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Change.
- Uncheck the box next to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Click your C drive.
- Click the option button next to Custom size, and then type 4096 in the text box next to Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB).
Initial size – his value varies, depending on your computer. If you’re not sure what value to use, just enter whatever the number is in the Recommended category.
Maximum size-Don’t set this value too high. It should be about 1.5 times the size of your physical RAM. e.g. A PC with 4 GB (4096 MB) of RAM should have no more than about 6,144 MB of virtual memory (4096 MB x 1.5).
- Click Set, and then click OK.
Restart your computer and your game.
If the game crashing issue still exists, then go ahead with the next solution below.
Fix 6. Check for Windows update
If you are not make sure that your windows are updated or not. To confirm this follow the instruction below:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Then, type windows update and select Windows Update settings.
- Click Check for updates, and then wait for Windows to download and install the updates automatically.
- Restart your computer after the update is complete, then try running DOOM again.
Now Doom is running correctly. If it’s not, don’t fret. Try the fix below.
Fix 7. Run the Game as Admin
Many of the users reported the issue receiving the problem fix just by running the game as Administrator:
- Locate the DOOM Ethernet.exe file and go to its properties, by right-clicking on it and choosing the match option
- Now, under the compatibility tab, choose Run this program as an administrator
- Click on Apply button and then select OK.
If the issue persists after appling this fix, then move to the next fix below.
Fix 8. Disable unnecessary programs
The game crashing issues usually occurred because of programs running in the background. To disable all the unnecessary programs. Follow the below steps:
- Press Win+ X and go to the Task Manager
- Within the Process tab, right-click on the program that hinders the performance
- Then, click on the End Task option
If the problem still continues then go to the next fix below.
Fix 9. Reinstall the game
If none of the fixes above worked, reinstalling the game is very likely the solution to your problem.
Follow the instructions below to see how to do it:
- If you’re running Steam now, right-click the Steam icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and E at the same time.
- Paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common on the address bar.
- Highlight the DOOM Eternal folder, and then press the Del key on your keyboard to delete the folder
- Relaunch Steam to download and reinstall DOOM.