If you’re an avid Hitman 3 player on a Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, you might have encountered the frustrating issue of the game crashing randomly. These crashes, whether they occur on startup, after completing a mission, or seemingly at any point during gameplay, can significantly hinder your gaming experience.
The persistent problem of Hitman 3 crashing has left many players searching for solutions to ensure a smoother and uninterrupted gaming session.
In this guide, we’ll delve into effective methods to troubleshoot and fix the Hitman 3 crashing issue on your Windows PC.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why is Hitman 3 Crashing on PC?
The most common causes that plagued the Hitman 3 crashes on PC include:
- PC does not meet the minimum system requirements.
- Random software glitch.
- Game coding bugs.
- Outdated graphics card drivers
- Corrupted or missing game files.
- Insufficient RAM
- Third-party software and antivirus programs interference.
How to Fix Hitman 3 Keeps Crashing on Windows 11 PC
We have compiled the best fixes to solve random game crashing or freezing problems here.
1. Check System Requirements
Before you head over to fixes make sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements to play the Hitman 3 on PC. Most of the time PC game crashing or freezing problems occur because the system doesn’t have the supported hardware.
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940||Intel CPU Core i7 4790 4 GHz|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|Storage||80 GB||80 GB|
|DirectX||Version 12||Version 12|
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7870||Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD GPU Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB|
2. Update Graphics Card Driver
Most users claimed that the crashing problem was fixed once they updated their graphics card drivers.
If you keep using the graphics card with an outdated or incompatible driver you are most likely to face Hitman 3 Crashing on PC.
You can instantly update your graphics card driver. For that, you can adopt either Manual or Automatic methods.
Using the manual method you will visit the AMD/NVIDIA site search for the compatible driver and download it on your PC. It requires time and skills.
However, if you don’t have time or particular skills then we recommend you to Download Driver Easy.
The Driver Easy is the No.1 PC driver updater software that automatically scans and installs the latest version of drivers on your PC.
- All you need is to Download Driver Easy on your PC.
- Click on the Scan Now button and wait for the process to finish. It will present you with a list of all outdated software.
- Just click on the Update button appearing next to any drivers to update it.
- You can also press the Update All button to update all the drivers at once. For that, you need to download Driver Easy’s Pro Version.
3. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
The Hitman 3 Crashing problem may be occurring because the game file has integrity issues.
Sometimes the game files get deleted, missing, or corrupted in that case run the process that checks the game file and replaces the damaged ones with the new ones.
Follow these steps:
- Open your Epic Games Launcher.
- Navigate to the Library tab in the left pane.
- Scroll over the Hitman 3 tile and click the icon with three dots at the lower right corner. Then, select Verify.
- After the process is completed, launch Hitman 3 to test.
4. Change Task Manager Priority
- Open the Task Manager (search for “task manager” in the Windows search bar).
- Click on “More details” to expand the Task Manager window.
- Find the Hitman 3 application in the list.
- Right-click on it and select “Go to details.”
- Right-click on the application’s details, go to “Set priority,” and choose a higher priority (e.g., “Realtime”).
- Confirm the priority change by clicking “Change priority.”
- This step allocates more system resources to the game, potentially preventing crashes.
5. Disable Antivirus Software
In some cases, we have seen that antivirus software causes interference in the smooth operation of game. So make sure that you have disabled antivirus software before running the game. You can also add the game exe to the exclusion list.
6. Adjust TdrDelay in Registry
- Press Win + R to open the Run dialog.
regeditand press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers.
- Right-click on a space in the right pane and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new DWORD as TdrDelay.
- Double-click on it and set the value data to
- Click OK and close the Registry Editor.
7. Increase Page File Size
- Right-click on “This PC” or “My Computer” and select “Properties.”
- Go to “Advanced system settings.”
- Under the “Advanced” tab, click on “Settings” under the “Performance” section.
- In the “Performance Options” window, go to the “Advanced” tab.
- Click on “Change” under the “Virtual memory” section.
- Uncheck “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” and set a custom size or let Windows manage it.
8. Delete PipelineCache.bin and PipelineLibrary.bin
- Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\IO Interactive\HITMAN3.
- Delete the PipelineCache.bin and PipelineLibrary.bin files.
- This may improve performance and resolve crashes for some users.
9. Disable GPU Hardware Scheduling
You should also use exclusive fullscreen mode and disable GPU hardware scheduling in the Windows settings. This solution has worked for many players. You should only try this solution if you have a high-end GPU i.e. Nvidia RTX 3070 and an Intel i7-12700K.
- Open Windows 11 Settings.
- Select the System tab on the left.
- Go to Display and then Graphics.
- Under Default Settings, choose “Change default graphics settings.”
- Disable Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and restart the PC.
10. Stop GPU Overclocking
Overclocking has proved to be the major cause of game crashing on PC. If you are overclocking you need to stop it instead try to run CPU/GPU with default settings.
The reason is overclocking tends to generate heat if you don’t have proper air cooling solutions it will cause overheating.
In case your PC temperature is rising at idle then take necessary precautionary measures to prevent overheating.
11. Lower Game Graphics
Consider lowering the in-game graphics settings if your PC can’t meet the minimum requirements.
Launch the game and head over to Options > Graphics Settings. Set all settings from Medium to Low and then play the game.
12. Reinstall Hitman 3
This one is a solid solution that has worked like a charm for many users. To fix Hitman 3 crashing on PC you need to uninstall it from your PC.
After that search for a hitman on your PC and remove every bit of trace. Now Reinstall the game and play it.