Are you dealing with Hitman 3 crashing on PC? Don’t worry we have the solution.
Lately, many users are complaining that after the mission starts when they shoot or snap someone the Hitman 3 freezes and then crashes.
The Hitman 3 crashing also occurs when lockpick/break open the cabinet to get the fuse cell in the room with the high commanding officer.
If you are also dealing with crashing or freezing errors on startup making Hitman 3 unplayable on every mission then read this post.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Why Hitman 3 Crashing After First Mission?
- System Requirements To Play Hitman 3 On PC
How To fix Hitman 3 Crashing on PC Randomly
- Fix 1. Install Hitman 3 Update Patch
- Fix 2. Update Graphics Card Driver
- Fix 3. Stop overclocking
- Fix 4. Verify the integrity of game files
- Fix 5. Use Dedicated GPU
- Fix 6. Use Lower Game Settings
- Fix 7. Update DirectX
- Fix 8. Uninstall Third-Party Software including Antivirus
- Fix 9. Disable V-Sync
- Fix 10. Uninstall & Reinstall Hitman 3 On PC
Why Hitman 3 Crashing After First Mission?
The most common causes that plagued the Hitman 3 crashes on PC include:
- PC not meeting the minimum system requirements.
- Random software glitch.
- Game coding bugs.
- Outdated graphics card drivers
- Corrupted or missing game files.
- Outdated DirectX version.
- Third party software and antivirus programs interfererence.
System Requirements To Play Hitman 3 On PC
Before you head over to fixes make sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements to play the Hitman 3 on PC.
Most of the time PC game crashing or freezing problems occurs because the system doesn’t have the supported hardware.
If that’s the case then try to upgrade gaming PC and then play the Hitman 3 on PC.
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940||Intel CPU Core i7 4790 4 GHz|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|Storage||80 GB||80 GB|
|DirectX||Version 12||Version 12|
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7870||Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD GPU Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB|
How To fix Hitman 3 Crashing on PC Randomly
Here we have compiled the best fixes to solve random game crashing or freezing problems.
Fix 1. Install Hitman 3 Update Patch
The Hitman developer regularly releases new updates to fix the bugs and performance-related problems.
So you need to keep Hitman 3 updated to get rid of crashes, freezing, lagging, or stuttering issues. By default, the Epic Games launcher is set to install the latest update patch.
However, you can also manually check for the latest game patch on the Epic Games launcher by following these steps:
- Open Epic Games Launcher app.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to Manage Games section and ensure that Allow Auto-Updates box is checked.
Fix 2. Update Graphics Card Driver
Most users claimed that the crashing problem is fixed once they updated their graphics card drivers.
If you keep using the graphics card with an outdated or incompatible driver you are most likely to face Hitman 3 Crashing on PC.
You can have to instantly update your graphics card driver. For that, you can adopt either Manual or Automatic methods.
Using the manual method you will visit the AMD/NVIDIA site and search for the compatible driver and download it on your PC. It requires time and skills.
However, if you don’t have time or particular skills then we recommend you to Download Driver Easy.
The Driver Easy is the No.1 PC driver updater software that automatically scans and installs the latest version of drivers on your PC.
- All you need is to Download Driver Easy on your PC.
- Click on the Scan Now button and wait for the process to finish. It will present you with a list of all outdated software.
- Just click on the Update button appearing next to any drivers to update it.
- You can also choose to press the Update All button to update all the drivers at once. For that you need to download Driver Easy’s Pro Version.
Fix 3. Stop overclocking
Overclocking has proved to be the major cause of game crashing on PC. If you are overclocking you need to stop it instead try to run CPU/GPU with default settings.
The reason is overclocking tends to generate heat if you don’t have proper air cooling solutions it will cause overheating.
Fix 4. Verify the integrity of game files
It’s quite possible that Hitman 3 Crashing problem is occurring because the game file has integrity issues.
Sometimes the game files get deleted, missing, or corrupted in that case run the process that checks the game file and replaces the damaged ones with the new one.
Follow these steps:
- Open your Epic Games Launcher.
- Navigate to the Library tab in the left pane.
- Scroll over the Hitman 3 tile and click the icon with three dots at the lower right corner. Then, select Verify.
- After the process completes, launch Hitman 3 to test.
Fix 5. Use Dedicated GPU
This fix is relevant for those users who have installed two graphics cards on their motherboards.
They need to run Hitman 3 on their dedicated GPU otherwise they will face crashing issues on startup.
Follow these steps to switch to the dedicated card in NVIDIA settings:
- Right-click on desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Select 3D settings > Manage 3D settings from the left pane.
- Go to the Programs Settings tab and click the Add button.
- Select HITMAN 3 from the list and click Add Selected Program.
- Choose High-performance NVIDIA processor as the preferred graphics processor for Hitman 3.
- Exit the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Launch Hitman 3 and select Options.
- Select your dedicated graphics card instead of the integrated one next to Graphics Processing Unit, and click Save.
Now try to play the Hitman 3 and check if it keeps crashing on any mission.
Fix 6. Use Lower Game Settings
You can consider lowering the in-game graphics settings if your PC can’t meet the minimum requirements.
Launch the game head over to Options > graphics Settings. Set all settings from Medium to Low and then play the game.
Fix 7. Update DirectX
DirectX is an essential utility to play PC games in case you are playing Hitman 3 with an outdated version you will see crashing freezing issues on launch.
Fix 8. Uninstall Third-Party Software including Antivirus
If you are playing games on PC with multiple apps running in the background you are prone to see crashing errors.
If the Hitman 3 Crashing error on PC start appearing after installation of any third-party app you need to uninstall it.
Also, make sure that you don’t have installed the antivirus software because it tends to interfere with game execution files. You can disable them from running in the background or uninstall them as well temporarily.
Fix 9. Disable V-Sync
The main purpose of V-Sync (Vertical Sync) is to match the game frame rate with the refresh rate of your display monitor enhancing FPS.
However, in many cases, V-sync becomes the main reason for Hitman 3 Crashing on PC.
You need to disable it using the Control panel and then from the game Options > Graphics Settings.
Fix 10. Uninstall & Reinstall Hitman 3 On PC
This one is a solid solution that has worked like a charm for many users. To fix Hitman 3 Crashing on PC you need to uninstall it from your PC.
After that search for a hitman on your PC and remove every bit of trace. Now Reinstall the game and play it.