Devs behind Minecraft Legends keep releasing new updates to counter performance-related issues. However, many players are complaining Minecraft Legends won’t install issues. The platforms may vary but the users may encounter an issue when downloading the latest updates & patches.
If you are also going to download the latest update but are stuck at Minecraft Legends won’t install issue then this article is for you. With the fixes provided below you can easily solve the issue and update the game in seconds.
How Do We Fix Minecraft Legends Won’t Install Issue?
Apply the below solutions to download & install the latest update.
1. Restart Your Router
There may be a glitch in your router so try to restart it. In most cases restarting the router fixes the Minecraft Legends won’t install problem on Windows PC.
2. Optimize Your Network Settings
Ensure that your internet connection has a good speed. Moreover, you need to check your Modem and Router settings and Wi-Fi connection to resolve the game won’t issue.
3. Kill All Microsoft Related Processes
The Minecraft Legends won’t install issue could be resolved by killing Microsoft-related processes. Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Press Win + X on the keyboard and then go to Task Manager.
- Go to the Details tab.
- Search and click on the Minecraft-related process, and then click on End Task
- Also, go to the processes tab and then end similar tasks
- Now, try to install Minecraft Legends again and see if it works.
4. Check Your Disk Space
As Minecraft Legends installation requires a significant amount of disk space. If your PC does not have enough space then you may face Minecraft Legends won’t install issue. We recommend you check the disk space by following the below steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click on the drive where you want to install Minecraft Legends.
- Click on Properties.
- Under the General tab, you’ll see a pie chart that shows your disk usage. Make sure you have enough free space to install Minecraft Legends.
- If you don’t have enough space, you can free up some space by deleting unnecessary files or programs.
5. Update Java Version
Minecraft Legends needs an updated Java version to install. If you have an outdated version of Java installed, then Minecraft Legends won’t install.
Here’s how you can update the Java version:
- Go to the Java download page.
- Click on the Free Java Download button
- Follow the instructions to download and install the latest version of Java.
- After installing the latest version of Java, try installing Minecraft Legends again.
6. Run the Installer as an administrator
Sometimes game won’t install issue occur due to privilege problems. So you need to run the installer as an administrator.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Search for Steam, right-click on it, and choose Run as administrator.
- Then, install Minecraft Legends.
- Now run the Minecraft Launcher as an administrator and then try to install the game and see what happens.
7. Clear Download Cache
Clearing the Download cache minimizes Minecraft Legends won’t install issues. Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Open Steam.
- Click on Steam from the menu and go to its Settings.
- Navigate to the Downloads tab and then click on Clear download cache.
For Xbox app
- Open Run by pressing Win + R, then type was reset,
- Enter if you are using the Xbox app for this game.
Also, reset the Xbox app to fix Minecraft Legends won’t install
8. Check for Corrupted Files
It may be possible that the installation files for Minecraft Legends can become corrupted or missing. This cause the game won’t install. To check for corrupted game files, follow the below steps:
- Open the Minecraft launcher.
- Click on Installations.
- Click on the three dots next to the Minecraft Legends installation.
- Click on Edit.
- Under the Game directory, you’ll see the location of the Minecraft Legends installation files. Navigate to this location using File Explorer.
- Look for any files that have the .jar extension. If you see any files with this extension, delete them.
- Restart the Minecraft launcher and try installing Minecraft Legends again.
9. Disable Antivirus and Firewall
If you are facing Minecraft Legends won’t install issue on your Windows 10 or 11 PC, then try again after disabling the antivirus and firewall.
Follow the below steps to apply this fix:
- Open the Windows Search Box, type Windows Security, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to Firewall & network protection.
- Go to Private Network, as shown in the screenshot.
- Toggle the switch off under the Microsoft Defender Firewall section.
- Similarly, turn off the Firewall for Public Networks too.
- Restart Windows.
10. Update Windows
Updating Windows also helps to resolve games won’t install issues, Here’s how you can update Windows
- Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Windows Settings
- Go to Windows Update and then click on Check for updates.
- Go ahead and finish the process.
11. Run in Clean Boot
Follow these steps:
- Open Run by pressing Win + R on the keyboard.
- Type the following command and click on OK: msconfig
- Go to the Services tab.
- Then, check Hide all Microsoft services and then click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Restart your PC.
12. Alternate To Download Minecraft Legends
You can also install the game using Microsoft Store, Xbox app, or using the installer downloaded directly from the official website. If you are using Steam, You can manually get an offline copy and load it in your Steam.