Having trouble while playing the latest version of the Resident Evil franchise and facing a DirectX error? The Resident Evil Village DirectX error is caused by corrupt game files, outdated software or drivers, or Windows compatibility issues.
You can fix the Resident Evil Village DirectX error, by simply updating the game or Windows OS or by downloading the latest graphics driver.
In case, you are stuck in this error after trying all the possible ways you know, then don’t worry here we have some tested fixes that will solve your problem.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
What Causes Resident Evil Village DirectX Device Creation Error?
In many cases, the leading causes of DirectX error are applications such as antivirus or PC boosters that may block your game from launching correctly.
You can also see this error due to bugs, outdated game software, outdated graphics driver, or corrupted game data.
Fix 1. Close the Game and Reboot Your PC
When dealing with the Resident Evil village DirectX error, simply close the game and reboot it. Close the Resident Evil Village and Steam client and relaunch the game.
It’s better if you turn off your PC and restart it as well. This will helps the system to refresh itself and hopefully, your problem will be resolved.
Fix 2. Download the Latest Graphics Driver
One of the best solution to solve your problem is to download the latest Graphics Driver update. You’ll run into problem if you do not remember updating the installed graphics driver. Follow the steps to download the latest Graphics Driver update
- You can check for available graphics driver updates in Windows Update.
- It can be downloaded by visiting the manufacturer’s official websites.
- You can also use any of freely available graphics driver updater tools.
- If your system already has an INF driver, follow the steps.
- Open device manager > Tap Display adapter Expand the menu.
- Right-click on the installed driver and update the driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
Reboot the system when the update process is complete and see if the problem has been fixed.
Fix 3. Use DirectX 12
The Resident Evil Village game is required to run with DirectX 12 which is the latest version. To check if your PC have this version, follow the steps.
- Press Windows Key + R, type in dxdiag and press Enter.
- Under the System information section, look for the DirectX version number. Make sure you have Downloaded DirectX 12 latest version on your Windows PC.
Fix 4. Check for Windows Update
make sure that Windows OS is fully up to date. If not then you will keep seeing the D3D12 Device Creation Failed error on your PC. Follow these steps to update Windows OS.
- Press the Window key and type in “Check for updates“
- Click on the “Check for updates button“
- Let the system scan the internet for updates and install them once they have been downloaded.
Fix 5. Change Config File
If you are playing Resident Evil village on the latest version of DirectX 12 and still facing an error. Then you will have to make some changes in the config file so that your issue may resolve. Follow these steps
- Firstly, go to the location where you installed the Resident Evil village.
- Find and click the dmc5config.ini file and click on the Open with option.
- Open the file using Notepad > Locate TargetPlatform.
- Change TargetPlatform value from DirectX 12 to DirectX 11.
- Save the changes by pressing the Ctrl + S ( shortcut key)
Fix 6. Verify the Integrity of the Game File
Still stuck in problem, you can try this fix. Mainly this problem can be caused by missing or corrupted game files. Sometimes game files get corrupted over time due to sudden game crashes or power failures.
In this case, you should follow the steps to get rid of your problem.
- Open steam on your windows PC > Go to Library.
- Right-click on the Resident Evil Village
- Choose Properties from the context menu.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game files.
Wait for few seconds until the process is complete. Once done, relaunch the game to see if your problem has been fixed.
Fix 7. Verify if the PC Supports the game
Make sure that while playing Resident Evil Village, your PC supports system requirements. You may encounter Resident Evil Village DirectX Error if your hardware components falls short of the minimum system requirements.
To play Resident Evil Village game you must have a PC of Core i5-7500, if it’s lower that this, your game may stutter or crash. For much better performance, if you want to play games on highest graphics settings, you must have a machine of an Intel core i7-8700 and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 ti or faster.
Fix 8. Delete and Re-Install the Game
After trying all the fixes and still, the problem is not resolved. One last try you should make to fix the Resident Evil Village DirectX error is to reinstall the game. If non of the above solution works for you then it’s the last Harry of hope for you.