Are you dealing with Skyrim infinite loading screen when going outside or Saving a new game? Apply these solutions to fix the stuck-in loading screen issue.
If you have just installed the game and you have also installed multiple mods then there are chances that you will see infinite loading screen error on Skyrim.
When you launch a new game or load a saved game with mods running you will stuck in this loop. The other causes memory allocation issue or unstable mods.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Skyrim Infinite Loading Screen
The infinite loading screen error may arise on startup, in the main menu, starting a new game, or during fast travel. Apply these fixes to solve this issue.
Fix 1. Change Memory Allocation
The Skyrim infinite loading screen error will keep troubling you if you have a memory shortage. You can fix the issue by modifying the SafetyLoad config file to set Safy Load to work while in a loading screen.
Follow these steps to allocate more memory:
- Makre sure that you have installed the SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender).
- Now go to this path Skyrim\data\SKSE\Plugins\ and open this file SafetyLoad.ini.
- Then change the value of EnableOnlyLoading from false to true.
- And save and close the file.
Next, play the game to check if the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue still appears or not.
Fix 2. Uninstall Mods
Mods do enhance performance giving you more features but most of them are not stable. They mess with the game file and that’s why you see Skyrim SE infinite loading screen error.
If you have installed multiple mods then try to uninstall them one by one and then play the game.
Fix 3. Update Graphics Driver
Make sure that your PC has updated graphics drivers so that it may perform at an optimal level.
You can update GPU drivers manually or automatically. Manually include accessing Device Manager which is a Windows 10 Built-in utility.
If you don’t want to go through this process then simply download the driver updater software. This tool will automatically search and install the latest version of the device drivers.
Fix 4. Reinstall Skyrim
Another fix that most of the time resolves Skyrim loading screen error is by reinstalling the game completely.
Here’s how to do that:
- Uninstall Skyrim.
- Delete the [Username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim folder.
- Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam apps\common\Skyrim folder
- Reboot the computer.
- Reinstall Skyrim.
- Relaunch the game and see if the problem is resolved.
Fix 5. Edit Skyrim Preference
Follow these steps:
- Open game file location i.e. Usersname > Documnts > My Games > Skyrim.
- Right-click on the skyrim.ini file and choose to open it with Notepad.
- Press Ctrl + F and type fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS and change the value next to it to 2000.0.
- Save the Changes.
Now try running the game and see if you are still seeing an infinite loading screen.
Fix 6. Disable Expansions
If the Skyrim expansions get corrupted then you will be stuck in a long loading screen.
Follow the steps to do so:
- With in Steam Client select Library and select Skyrim.
- Open the Skyrim Launcher and click on the Data Files.
- Click on the Play button to start the game and check if the error
Fix 8. Use the Registry Editor
Sometimes Windows 10 registry gets cluttered causing loading screen error. It’s because the Windows OS will consider the game as a not responding program if the loading time is longer than the value in Registry.
Here’s how to fix it:
- Press Windows + R and type regedit to open Registry Editor.
- Navigate to this path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
- From the right side locate HungAppTimeout (If you can’t find it create a new string by right clicking and choosing New String).
- Now right click on this string to choose Modify.
- In the new windows change the value to 30000 and press Ok.
- Now Restart your PC.