Looking for a solution to fix Warcraft 3 Reforged crashing on PC? Does Warcraft 3 Reforged not launch in Startup? Here are the solutions.
Some players are reporting that once they click on Play instead of Warcraft 3 Reforged launches the black screen appears.
While other complain that after the latest game patch Warcraft 3 Reforged crashes on every mission (Campaign or Custom Game Matches) making it almost unplayable.
If you are also dealing with Warcraft 3 Reforged crashing or freezing then we have 100% workable solutions for you.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Check System Requirements
Before you start playing the game check the system requirements to play Warcraft 3 Reforged. If your PC meets minimum system requirements you are good to go otherwise you need to upgrade the gaming PC.
|System Requirements||Minimum Requirements||Recommended Requirements|
|Operating System||Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 64-bit (latest version)||Windows 10 64-bit (latest version)|
|Processor||Intel Core i3-530 or AMD Phenom II X4 910 or better||Intel Core i5-6400 or AMD Ryzen 7 1700X or better|
|Video||NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 or AMD Radeon HD 5750 or better||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 280X or better|
|Memory||4 GB||4 GB|
|Storage||30 GB||30 GB|
|Internet||Broadband Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection|
|Input||Keyboard and mouse||Keyboard and mouse|
|Resolution||800 x 600 minimum display resolution||800 x 600 minimum display resolution|
How To Fix Warcraft 3 Reforged crashing on PC
Apply the below fixes to resolve Warcraft 3 Reforged crashing, freezing, bluescreen crashes, and black screen. You don’t need to apply all of them just work your way down the list until you found the right fix.
Fix 1. Update Graphics Card’s Driver
The first step that you should take once the Warcraft 3 Reforged crashes on PC is to check whether the graphics card’s driver is updated. The outdated, faulty, or corrupted graphics card drivers can cause multiple errors while playing games on PC.
To update graphics card drivers there are two methods Manually or Automatically.
The manual process includes visiting the AMD/NVIDIA sites and locating the compatible version for your graphics card. Honestly, it’s very time-consuming and requires prior knowledge.
However, if you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update the graphics driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Just Download Driver Easy on your PC which is the No.1 driver updater software in its field. This tool scans the PC’s old drivers and automatically updates the latest/compatible driver.
- Download the Driver Easy and install it on your PC.
- Run this program and click on Scan Now button (Once the scanning process finishes it will present you a complete list of outdated drivers).
- Now click on Update All button if you want to update all the PC’s driver. On the other hand you can also update single driver by clicking the Update button next to it.
- You can buy it’s Pro Version with the 30-days money back guarantee.
Now launch the game to see if it’s crashing randomly, if not then proceed to the next fix.
Fix 2. Lower the Graphics Settings
You might be playing Warcraft 3 Reforged with the high graphical settings. If that’s the case then try to lower the in-game graphical settings and then play the game.
Follow these steps:
- Launch Warcraft 3 Reforged.
- Click the menu icon in the bottom right corner and choose Options.
- Make sure VSync is turned off.
- Set each of the parameters under Graphical Quality to Low or Medium.
- Set Maximum FPS to 60
- Set Maximum background FPS to 15.
Apply the changes and play the game to see if it’s still crashing or freezing.
Fix 3. Try Closing Background Applications
Third-party apps that are running in the background interfere with gameplay. These apps can cause interruption or consume memory causing crashing errors.
Follow the steps below to temporarily disable these programs.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Click on the Startup tab and disable all the programs running.
- Click on the Process tab and End Task unnecessary apps running in the background.
Additionally, try to run your PC in a Clean Boot and then play the Warcraft 3 reforged. Follow these steps:
- Press Win + R and type MSConfig to open System Configuration.
- Click on Services tab and from the bottom left check box Hide All Microsoft Services.
- Now Click on Disable All and OK to save the changes.
Fix 4. Set high priority for Warcraft 3 Reforged
If you set certain applications to the high priority Windows allocates more system resources to access. It gives the app or the same a boost in performance fixing the crashing or freezing problem.
All you need to access Task Manager is to choose the warcraft Reforged execution and right-click on it to set the priority.
Fix 5. Run Battle.net Launcher and Game As Administrator
Many users on Reddit fixed warcraft 3 reforged crashing on PC by running the launcher and game as administrator.
Follow these steps:
- Right-click on Warcraft 3 Reforged desktop shortcut and choose to Open File Location.
- Find the exe launcher and right-click on it to select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and check the box at the bottom under settings where it says Run this Program as an administrator.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Apply the same steps for the Battle.net launcher and then play the game.
Fix 5. Stop overclocking
Overclocking does enhance the GPU’s performance but if left unstable it can cause GPU overheating.
So first try to run your GPU with the default setting and if you have installed the MSI Afterburner then uninstall it.
You Might Also Like:
- Fix: FNAF Security Breach Crashing on PC
- Fixed: Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing on Startup PC
- Fixed: PUBG Freezing and Crashing on PC 2021
- Fixed: Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Keeps Crashing on PC
- Fixed: Age of Empires 4 keeps Crashing on PC
- Fixed: Century Age of Ashes keeps crashing on PC
- Fix: Skyrim Keeps Crashing on Startup With Mods
- Fix: Rocket League Keeps Crashing on Steam & Epic Games