Does Dead by Daylight keeps crashing in the middle of a game or it crashes on startup or the loading screen? Don’t worry you can solve this problem.
Many players have reported that Dead By Daylight crashes on PC at various places. Sometimes it crashes on launch, skipping the cutscenes, or when joining the lobby.
If you are also dealing with Dead By Daylight Crashing on a desktop PC while you are in the middle of the game.
We have compiled the solutions that will work best in solving your problem once and for all.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Causes Of Dead by Daylight Keep Crashing on PC?
- How Do I Fix Dead By daylight Crashes on PC
How To Fix Dead By Daylight Keeps Crashing on PC
- Meet the Minimum System Requirements
- Disable Leatherface in DBD
- Restart Your Computer
- Run Your Game as an Administrator
- Free up Hard Drive Space
- Update Or Rollback your Graphics Driver
- Repair the EasyAntiCheat
- Verify the Integrity of Your Game Files
- Change the Power Settings
- Run your Game in Compatibility Mode
- Reinstall Steam
- Disable Overlay
- Stop Overclocking
- Disable the FPS Lock
Causes Of Dead by Daylight Keep Crashing on PC?
The PC games crashed for a lot of reasons but after thorough research, we have come up with the following reasons that are causing dead by daylight keeps crashing on PC.
- PC not meeting the minimum system requirements to play game.
- Hard drive space running out.
- Running Dead By Daylight without administrative access
- Outdated graphics card driver.
- Corrupted EasyAntiCheat service.
- Game file missing.
- Computer power issue.
- Overlay issues.
- FPS lock.
How Do I Fix Dead By daylight Crashes on PC
If the dead by daylight is crashing on launch then you can follow these steps:
- Run the game from the .exe by accessing the main game files on your PC.
- Do not skip the intro cutscene.
- Instead use Alt+ Enter to remove fullscreen, get in the game, uncheck Fullscreen from options, then again press Alt+Enter to enable fullscreen without the box ticked
- Now open your steam folder.
- Scroll down and delete all items that were created today (crash/crashhelper).
- After that Restart steam and clear the game cache.
How To Fix Dead By Daylight Keeps Crashing on PC
From the following list apply the fixes that best resolve your problem. Of course, you don’t need to apply all of them at once, just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
Meet the Minimum System Requirements
Did you check your system requirements before downloading Dead By Daylight?
If the game keeps crashing on startup or in the middle of the game it might be because your PC can meet its minimum system requirements.
You should either invest in buying your next best gaming PC or simply improve CPU, GPU, and RAM.
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel Core i3-4170 or AMD FX-8120||Intel Core i3-4170 or AMD FX-8300 or higher|
|Memory||8 GB||8 GB|
|Storage||50 GB||50 GB|
|Graphics||DX11 Compatible GeForce GTX 460 1GB or AMD HD 6850 1GB||DX11 Compatible GeForce 760 or AMD HD 8800 or higher with 4GB of RAM|
Disable Leatherface in DBD
Those users who have purchased Leatherface and started playing games. They can start the game skip its intro as always but the game will crash at the “press space to start” starting screen.
All they need is to disable Leatherface in the DBD screen in the Steam library and then play the game. This fix can solve dead by daylight crashes when joining the lobby.
Restart Your Computer
Simply rebooting your PC can solve the Dead By Daylight crashing on PC. Many programs are running in the Windows OS that may cause conflict rebooting the PC closes these programs and help in fixing the game problem.
Run Your Game as an Administrator
If you are not running Dead By Daylight or Steam with administrator access it’s time to do it now. When you run a game under normal user mode Windows prevent certain files from running hence you see crashing issues.
To run the game as an administrator follow these tips:
- Right-click on the DBD icon on your desktop and then choose Open file location.
- Locate the game’s executable file, right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Click OK to save changes.
Repeat the same steps with Steam Launcher and then launch the dead by daylight to see if it still crashes on PC.
Free up Hard Drive Space
Each time user saves the game another file is created on HDD taking up space. If you are already low on disk space then you are going to deal with DBD crashing freezing, stuttering, or lagging problems.
Try to recover free space by removing unwanted apps or files from your PC.
Update Or Rollback your Graphics Driver
Updated graphics drivers are crucial to playing any PC game. If you have outdated or incompatible drivers on your PC the Dead By Daylight will keep crashing mid-game.
You need to make sure that you have an updated graphics card. There are two methods to update them Manually and Automatically.
We suggest the Automatic method as it takes less time and computer skills but at the same time, it’s reliable secure.
You need to download Driver EasyFree Version on your PC which is a No.1 driver updater tool. Install and run it and it will automatically scan and update the driver for you.
If you Download Driver Easy’s Pro Version it can update all drivers at once. You can also create a restore point to roll back drivers in case they don’t solve the crashing problem. (Pro Version comes with the 30-days money-back guarantee)
Repair the EasyAntiCheat
It may be the EasyAntiCheat service that has gotten corrupted causing the Dead by Daylight to keep crashing on PC. The EasyAntiCheat service is installed automatically with this game.
Try to repair it for that follow these steps:
- Press the Win + E to open File Explorer.
- In Search type easyanticheat and hit Enter.
- 3) Right-click EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe, and then select Run as administrator.
- 4) Click the box, and then select Dead by Daylight from the drop-down list.
- 5) Click Repair Service.
Once the process finishes relaunch the game.
Verify the Integrity of Your Game Files
Maybe the necessary DBD file is corrupted or missing from your computer and that’s why the game keeps crashing either on launch or during cutscenes.
You need to check the integrity of the game file using Steam. Steam will scan the game file and if any file is found corrupted or missing it will download and replace it.
Follow these steps:
- Open Steam launcher.
- Go to the Steam Library.
- Right-click Dead by Daylight and select Properties.
- Click the LOCAL FILES tab, and then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then play the game.
Change the Power Settings
Most of the time changing the Windows power mode enhances the PC’s performance giving more resources to running apps and games.
Follow these steps:
- Press Win + R and type powercfg.cpl to open Power Options.
- Click on High Performance.
- If you can’t see High Performance then from the left side click on Create a Power Plan.
- From the next Window click on High Performance.
- Select the power settings on Battery and Plugged-in.
- Now click on Create.
Run your Game in Compatibility Mode
It’s possible that the current Windows 10 update is not compatible with Dead By Daylight and that’s why it keeps crashing mid-game.
Try running the game in compatibility mode. Here is how to do it:
- Right-click the Dead by Daylight icon, then select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab. Then check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Click the list box below to select Windows 8, then click OK.
Now check if you are still stuck in Dead By Daylight keeps crashing issue.
It’s possible that important steam files are missing or got corrupted preventing Dead By daylight on launch. Try to reinstall the Steam for that follows these steps:
- Right-click your Steam icon and select Open file location.
- Right-click the steamapps folder and select Copy. Then, place the copy in another location to back it up.
- Now press Win + R and type Controls to open Control Panel.
- Click on Programs > Programs and Features.
- Right-click on Steam to Uninstall it.
- Visit their official site to download and install Steam.
- Open its File Location and paste that steamapps folder backup you created before.
Restart Dead by Daylight to see if this fixed the crashing issue.
The Steam and NVIDIA overlay tends to interfere in the smooth running of the game causing crashing and freezing errors.
If you are using two or more different overlays at the same time it’s going to cause interruption. Disable NVIDIA and Steam Overlay. Follow these steps:
To Disable Steam Overlay:
- Launch Steam.
- Switch to the LIBRARY tab.
- Right-click on the Dead by Daylight to choose Properties.
- Under the General tab, untick the box associated with Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
If you are overclocking the PC without providing insufficient air, it’s going to cause CPU overheating. If you are using the tools like MSI Afterburner you should uninstall it and make sure that the ideal CPU temp range and GPU temp range are not crossed.
You can also install the best aftermarket CPU cooler to provide more fresh air in case you don’t want to underclock your CPU or GPU.
Disable the FPS Lock
Follow these steps to disable FPS unlock. (Fix Roblox FPS Unlocker Not Working issue)
- Press Win + R to type in %appdata% tand hit Enter to open AppData folder. (If the Roaming folder opens, go back to the AppData folder).
- Open the AppData > Local > DeadByDaylight > Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor.
- Find a file named GameUserSettings.ini. Right-click the file and use Notepad to open it.
- Once the file opens, press Ctrl + F to search bUseVSync and change the value next to it to False. Save the file and then exit Notepad.
- Check your monitor rate.
- Locate the file called Engine.ini and again open it with Notepad.
- Scroll to the bottom of the file and paste the following text:
MaxSmoothedFrameRate= [your maximum display refresh rate]
Now save the added content and exit Notepad and try to play the dead by daylight to see if it’s still crashing on PC.