After 22 years of its release, Diablo still remains the most famous game and now it’s a new edition Diablo II: Resurrected is released in beta version. So users are destined to see bugs and crash-related issues.
The players reported about the Diablo II Resurrected crashing issues on startup or while launching on PC. If you are dealing with the Diablo II Resurrected crashes on Startup on Windows 10 or when joining the game.
We have come up with all the possible fixes that can stop the Diablo II from crashing offline/online on Windows PC. Most of the time the crashing problem occurs due to graphics cards still read this article till the end to get more insight.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why Diablo II Resurrected Crashing on Startup on Windows 10/11 PC?
There could be various causes of Diablo II crashing on PC. We have searched from multiple platforms and some of the common causes are below:
- Outdated graphics driver
- Corrupt game files
- Conflicting software that you might have installed on your PC
- Antivirus software blocking the game from launch
- Unnecessary background tasks
What are the Diablo II Resurrected Requirements To Play on PC?
Before diving into any fixes, must check the system requirements that suit to run Diablo II: Resurrected
|System Requirements||Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|Operating System||Windows 10/11 64-bit||Windows 10|
|Processor||Intel Core i3-3250/AMD FX-4350||Intel Core i5-9600k|
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
|Memory||8GB||16 GB RAM|
|Graphics||Nvidia GTX 660/AMD Radeon HD 7850||Nvidia GTX 1060|
AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT
|Storage||30 GB||30 GB|
In case your PC hardware is not supported to run the game then read this article to know what is the best pre-built gaming PC. We think an upgrade on the PC will help you fix issues like crashing and launching errors on startup.
How to Fix Diablo II: Resurrected Crashing on Startup?
You don’t need to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick
Fix 1. Run the game as an administrator:
Sometimes allowing the game to run as an administrator can fix the crashing issues on startup. Running Diablo II: Resurrected as an administrator might overcome a crashing issue.
Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Right-click the executable file of Diablo II: Resurrected and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab, then check the box next to Run this program as an administrator, and click OK to save changes.
- Check if you can launch the game without any issues.
If this method goes in your luck then enjoy your game, but if it persists then give a try to the next fix below
Fix 2. Scan and repair game files
It’s possible that missing or corrupted game files are causing the Diablo II to crash on the PC. You need to repair the corrupted files using Battle.net’s built-in repair tool to do this.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Open the Battle.net desktop app and go to the Diablo II: Resurrected page.
- Click the cogwheel next to the Play button and select Scan and Repair.
- Then click Begin Scan.
- Wait for the repair to finish.
- Once the process is finished, try hitting the Play button to check if you can launch the game successfully.
After applying this fix still, if you are unable to launch the game properly then try the next fix below.
Fix 3. Update your graphics driver
Most of the time Diablo II Resurrected crashing on startup problem occurs on those PC that have outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 4. Install all Windows updates
Sometimes the pending windows updates can become a hindrance in launching the game properly. So to ensure your game runs properly, you have to need to download and install the latest Windows updates.
Here’s how you can:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo + I key at the same time to open the Windows Settings.
- Then select Update & Security.
- Under Windows Update, click Check for updates. Then Windows will automatically download and install the available updates.
- Once you’ve installed all the updates, restart your computer and try to launch the game.
If this fix goes in vain, then try the next fix below
Fix 5. Check your antivirus settings
It has been observed that antivirus and malware checkers prevent your game from launching. In order to ensure your game runs properly you have a need to temporarily disable your antivirus.
Now if your game launched properly without crashing then you’ll need to whitelist the Battle.net launcher and Diablo II: Resurrected.
But if the launching issue persists then check the next fix below.
Fix 6. Perform a clean boot
Sometimes the programs that are running in the background can interfere with your game like overlays apps. You need to perform a clean boot to facilitate the game to run properly.
Here’s how you can fix this issue:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog box. Type MSConfig and click OK.
- In System Configuration, navigate to the Services tab and check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Uncheck all the services EXCEPT those that belong to your video cards or sound card manufacturers, such as Realtek, AMD, NVIDIA, and Intel. Then click OK to save the changes.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl, Shift, and Esc at the same time to open Task Manager, then navigate to the Startup tab
- Right-click on each item and select Disable.
- Restart your computer.
Fix 7. Stop overclocking your PC
It is seen that many players overclock their CPU and GPU to gain more performance boost while playing the game. Most of the time overclocking tools and this practice create problems for your games.
Fix 8. Turn off overlays
If the Diablo II Resurrected crashing problem persists then you need to disable overlays like Discord and GeForce (If they are enabled). Follow the steps given below:
For GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, launch GeForce Experience, and then at the upper right corner, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now on the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the In-game overlay option,
- Firstly, launch Discord and on the bottom left corner of the screen, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now from the left-pane menu, click on Overlay.
- Further from the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the option Enable in-game overlay.