Minecraft no sound on Windows 10 PC or you are unable to hear sound after unplugging headphones. Don’t worry here we have the solution.
So far Mojang has stabilized the Minecraft performance, still, a time comes when the players complain that Minecraft won’t play sound. Players on the forum complained that;
I just installed Minecraft and my sound doesn’t work. All sound settings in-game are 100% and when I open mixer in my sound on Task Bar it doesn’t show Minecraft at all. Can you please help? I’m on Windows 7.
If you are also one of those who are dealing with Minecraft PC sound not working issue. Then read this post as we have explained the workable solutions for you.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why does Minecraft sound not work on Windows 10 PC?
Before you start applying the fixes to resolve no sound issue in Minecraft it’s important to know there causes that trigger this issue.
- The Minecraft no sound issue arises when you have put your PC on mute.
- The audio drivers may be outdated or corrupted.
- Many users mistakenly put their Minecraft on mute
- The corrupted Minecraft installation is missing the audio files.
These are the possible scenario that you can look into and fix them.
How to fix Minecraft no sound or audio on Windows PC
The anyone of the below fixes to get your no sound on Minecraft issue resolved.
Fix 1. Check if you muted Minecraft by accident
Did you unmute your Minecraft accidentally? Many users won’t even know that they have messed up basic audio settings. So before going further it is recommended to make sure that you haven’t put your PC or Minecraft to mute.
First, check for the volume icon on the taskbar and ensure that there is no cross sign. If the sound on your PC is working still you can’t hear sound on Minecraft, you can follow the below steps to make sure you didn’t mute Minecraft:
How to unmute Minecraft? Follow these steps:
- Firstly, launch Minecraft and press the Options for JAVA Edition or Settings for Microsoft Store version button.
- Now, click on the Music & Sound (JAVA Edition) or Audio (Microsoft Store version) option.
- Next, make sure the volume and other audio settings are set to 100%.
- After that, press the Done button to save changes.
- Finally, try playing the Minecraft game and see if you can hear the sound or not.
Fix 2. Update your audio driver
If Minecraft no sound issue might occur if you have outdated or incompatible audio drivers on your Windows PC. You need to update your audio drivers and for that, there are two methods to do it.
Manual and Automatic. In the manual method, you can go to the manufacturer’s website of your sound card and then download the relevant drivers on your PC. There are chances that the user may install the wrong drivers on its Windows PC.
So, if you don’t have the required skills or time we suggest you download Driver Easy on your PC. This is a pro driver updater program for Windows PC. Once you download and install Driver Easy on your PC, it automatically scans and presents you with a list of outdated audio drivers.
Just click on the Update button and it will install the latest version of drivers straight from the manufacturer’s site on its own.
Give it a try and Download Driver Easy Trial Version on your Windows 10/11 PC.
Fix 3. Check the F3 + S or F3 + T key combination
In case the Minecraft no sound working issue popped up while playing the game then press the F3 + S at the same time. It will reload the game-fixing the audio issues.
If the above key combination doesn’t work, then try pressing F3 + T at the same time. Many players have resolved the Minecraft no sound issue with this fix.
After pressing these key combinations you should wait for the setting to work and then check the problem. If it’s still not resolved then move on to the next fix.
Fix 4. Disable sound enhancements
Sound enhancement is a built-in option in the Windows 10 PC. Many players have confirmed that no sound in Minecraft issue is fixed if you disable it.
Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + S and type Change system sounds.
- It will open a Sound control panel.
- Click the Playback tab on the Sound window.
- Right-click your default sound device and select Properties.
- Then select the Enhancements tab.
- Select the Disable all enhancements option.
- Now select the Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device option on the Advanced tab.
- Click the Apply button.
- Then click OK to close Speakers Properties.
Now play the game to see if you are still hearing no audio in Minecraft.
Fix 5. Change the “Mipmap Levels” option in the video settings
In Java Edition you can change the Mipmap Level option appearing in the video settings. If the no sound in Minecraft issue persists then apply these steps:
- Firstly, start Minecraft and then tap on the Options button.
- Now, click on the Video Settings button.
- Next, drag the slider associated with the Mipmap Levels option and move it towards the extreme right.
- After that, click on the Done button to save changes.
- Finally, relaunch Minecraft and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 6. Modify the sound settings of your Windows system
Try modifying the sound settings of your Windows System to see if you can resolve this issue. Here is how to do it:
- Firstly, right-click on the volume icon on your taskbar, and from the context menu, click on the Sound settings option.
- Now, scroll down and click on the More sound settings option.
- Next, in the Playback tab, choose the default playback device and then press the Configure button.
- After that, select Stereo under Audio channels and press the Next button.
- Then, enable the Front left and right checkbox and tap on Next.
- Finally, press the Finish button and then relaunch Minecraft. Hopefully, the no sound issue will now be resolved.
Fix 7. Reinstall Minecraft
Last but not least if the problem still didn’t go away then try reinstalling Minecraft on Windows PC.
Maybe there’s an important audio file that for corrupted or removed, so reinstalling the fresh copy will help you.
Uninstall: If you downloaded Minecraft from Microsoft Store:
- Press the Windows logo key and type Minecraft. From the list right-clicks the Minecraft app and select Uninstall to uninstall Minecraft.
- Now download Minecraft from Microsoft Store and reinstall it on your PC.
Uninstall: If you downloaded Minecraft JAVA Edition from its official website:
- Press Windows + R key and type control to open Control Panel.
- Right-click Minecraft and then select Uninstall to uninstall it.
- Now download Minecraft again.