SpeedFan not showing fans + SpeedFan not detecting fans + SpeedFan not Working….!
Lately, many users are reporting that their Windows 10 PC fans are not showing up in SpeedFan.
At the same time, there are those who complain that SpeedFan not changing fan speed even though they can see their CPU fan.
In this article, we have explained simple solutions to fix SpeedFan’s not working problems. So if you can’t see fans or CPU temp, change fan speed, this article is going to help you a lot.
How To Fix SpeedFan Not working Problem on the Laptop and PC
If the SpeedFan not detecting or showing fans, CPU temps then apply the below fixes to resolve this issue.
Fix 1: SpeedFan not Working on Windows 10/ 7
If Speedfan doesn’t work on your computer and you have tested it by increasing fan speed but no result. Then try these troubleshooting steps before that make sure that SpeedFan support your motherboard;
- Open Speedfan and click on the configuration button then go to the Advanced tab.
- Here you will see the chip just click on it to choose your motherboard. It will reveal your motherboard info.
- Now choose PWM 1 mode and click on Set to from the bottom right and select “Software Control”
- Repeat the same steps with PWM 2 mode and PWM 3 mode.
- Click on the OK button. Now try to increase CPU fan speed by clicking on the UP arrow. You will see an increase in Fan RPM speed.
Fix 2: Speed Fan not Detecting Fans
Sometimes SpeedFan doesn’t detect fans, be it CPU or case fans. In this situation make sure that you have installed the latest version of Speedfan and BIOS.
Once you update, then check if SpeedFan supports your motherboard chip. After that, you need to go into BIOS settings to bypass the CPU fans.
In BIOS under the Power tab, you will see the setting for ACPI suspend type. Change it from S3 to S1 and save the changes as a custom default. Then press F10 to exit from BIOS. It should resolve the Speed fan not detecting fan problems.
Fix 3: SpeedFan not Changing Fan Speed
Simply downloading SpeedFan and hitting the UP arrow will not increase your PC fan speed. For that, you have to configure your PC.
- Just click on the Configuration button and then on the Advance tab.
- Now select your motherboard chip from the drop-down menu.
- Here you should be able to see PWM 1 mode, PWM 2 mode, and PWM 3 mode.
- Click on any one of them and set it to Software controlled.
- Tick the remember it box and hit OK.
Now if you click on the up or down arrow button, your PC fan speed will change accordingly.
Fix 4: SpeedFan not Detecting CPU Temps
There are motherboards that don’t have temp sensors so it will be difficult for SpeedFan to get info on CPU temps without these sensors.
But if your motherboard is compatible, still CPU temperature is not visible then follow these steps;
- Go to charts and from the drop-down menu click on temperature. Make sure everything is checked within the charts tab. Now go back to the reading tab and you will see core temps.
Fix 5: Simple Solution for SpeedFan not Working
If the above fixes don’t work for you then try to uninstall SpeedFan and then reinstall it. Also, make sure that your BIOS is fully up to date. Plus you need to check your motherboard compatibility with SpeedFan software.
If all go green then you should be able to solve any problem that you may face with SpeedFan.
However, it’s not the end of the world, you can always choose the best CPU temperature monitor. There are other tools that can change fan speed just like SpeedFan. You can also check your CPU temperature.
This is how we fixed the SpeedFan not Working problems on Windows 10 and 7. If you have any thoughts then post a comment.