SpeedFan not showing fans on your Windows 7 or Windows 10 PC! SpeedFan not detecting fans or simply SpeedFan not Working at all….!
The Windows users are destined to see issues relating to the SpeedFan utility that it doesn’t show fans.
At the same time, there are other users who are complaining that SpeedFan not changing fan speed even though they can see their CPU fan.
In this article, we have explained simple solutions to fix SpeedFan’s not working problems. So if you can’t see fans or CPU temp, change fan speed, this article is going to help you a lot.
Table of Contents
How To Fix SpeedFan Not working Problem on the Laptop and PC
If the Speedfan is unable to detect the CPU fan then try to update Speedfan or BIOS software. In case, it is updated then make sure that your motherboard is compatible with this tool.
You can apply the below-mentioned fixes to resolve SpeedFan not detecting fans issue.
How To Fix SpeedFan Not Working on Windows 10/ 7
If Speedfan doesn’t work on your computer and you have tested it by increasing fan speed but no result. Then try these troubleshooting steps but before that, you need to make sure that SpeedFan supports your motherboard;
- Open Speedfan and click on the configuration button then go to the Advanced tab.
- Here you will see the chip just click on it.
- Choose your motherboard. It will reveal your motherboard info.
- Now choose PWM 1 mode and click on Set To from the bottom right and select “Software Control”
- Repeat the same steps with PWM 2 mode and PWM 3 mode.
- Click on the OK button. Now try to increase CPU fan speed by clicking on the UP arrow. You will see an increase in Fan RPM speed.
How To Fix SpeedFan Not Detecting Fans
Sometimes SpeedFan doesn’t detect fans, be it CPU or case fans. In this situation make sure that you have installed the latest version of Speedfan and BIOS.
- Update your Speedfan software
- Go into your BIOS software
- If there is no Fan control use the temperature input option then find alternative BIOS software
- Update BIOS software
- Make sure your motherboard is compatible with your latest software update
- Open your BIOS system and bypass CPU fans
- Open the Power tab
- Access ‘ACPI‘ suspend type option
- Change settings from S3 to S1
- Save edited settings as Custom default settings
- Press F10 to exit the BIOS system
It should resolve the Speed fan not detecting fan problems.
How To Fix SpeedFan not Changing Fan Speed
Simply downloading SpeedFan and hitting the UP arrow will not increase your PC fan speed. For that, you have to configure your PC.
- Just click on the Configuration button and then on the Advanced tab.
- Now select your motherboard chip from the drop-down menu.
- Here you should be able to see PWM 1 mode, PWM 2 mode, and PWM 3 mode.
- Click on any one of them and set it to Software controlled.
- Tick the Remember it box and hit OK.
- Exit system configuration tool
- Now try to change the fan speed using the Speedfan by pressing the UP or DOWN arrows
How To Fix SpeedFan not Detecting CPU Temps
There are motherboards that don’t have temp sensors so it will be difficult for SpeedFan to get info on CPU temps without these sensors.
But if your motherboard is compatible, still CPU temperature is not visible then follow these steps;
- Open Speedfan on Windows 10 PC
- Go to charts and from the drop-down menu click on Temperature.
- Make sure all the checkboxes are checked within the charts tab.
- Now go back to the Read tab and you will see core temps.
Bonus Tip To Fix Simple Solution for SpeedFan not Working
If the above fixes don’t work for you then try to uninstall SpeedFan and then reinstall it. Also, make sure that your BIOS is fully up to date. Plus you need to check your motherboard compatibility with SpeedFan software.
If all go green then you should be able to solve any problem that you may face with SpeedFan.
However, it’s not the end of the world, you can always choose the best alternate CPU temperature monitor if you want to check your PC temperature.
This is how we fixed the SpeedFan not Working problems on Windows 10 and 7. If you have any thoughts then post a comment.