If you are facing an issue like iCUE not detecting fans, then rest assured we have a 100% working solution to fix the iCUE device detection problem.
No doubt Corsair’s Utility Engine (iCUE) is the best software to control Corsair hardware on your computer. You can easily control fan speed, keyboard, mouse lightning while playing games.
Sometimes Corsair users complain that iCUE is not detecting keyboard, mouse, fans, RGB lighting. The problem is two-fold either the devices are not connected properly or there’s conflicting software installed on the computer.
Through this article, we will explain different methods to fix iCUE not detecting problems. These methods will also cover if you have below mentioned question;
Read Also: Fixed: SpeedFan Not Working on Windows 10
- Cooler not detected by iCUE after restarting the PC
- iCUE Not detecting devices
- No fans detected in iCUE
- iCUE not recognizing fans 1 & 2
- New install iCUE 465X node not detecting RGB fans
- iCUE not detecting fans on my 570x and LL120
Why is my iCUE not detecting devices?
After reading several posts on forums we can say that there are several reasons due to which you face a problem like iCUE not detecting anything. Some of the reasons are;
- Outdated iCUE version
- Incompatible hardware
- BIOS Switch is not incorrect position
- CUE in an error state due to other monitoring software running on the system
- Damaged USB port
- Corrupted Corsair iCUE profile
How to fix iCUE not detecting Fans problem
Follow the below methods to resolve any error while running iCUE utility.
Fix 1 – Restart, Reinstall and Update iCUE
Our first fix consists of three steps. These are the generic step that you should use when you face any problem in monitoring software. So first try to restart iCUE software. For that;
- Close the Corsair Utility Engine. Then Press Alt+Ctrl+Delete on Windows 10 to open Task Manager.
- Now search for the iCUE process, right-click on it, and select End Task.
- Check the system tray to make sure that the application is completely turned off.
- Now relaunch the program to see if iCUE not detecting the problem resolved.
If the problem still persists then we suggest full uninstall of iCUE (delete all files/profiles/etc). Then reboot and reinstall.
In 70% of cases reinstalling the iCUE resolves the not detecting problem. If not then make sure that you have the latest version installed in your system. Because corsair is constantly updating iCUE due to errors and problems that its users face. To update iCUE:
- Visit the Corsair iCUE download page and download the latest version currently it’s v 3.34.170.
- Install it on your computer. It will fix the not detecting fan problem in iCUE.
Fix 2 – Uninstall other monitoring software
If you can’t check fan speed or voltage on iCUE then it means that something else is trying to access this information. If you are running other PC monitoring software on Windows PC then it will cause conflict in gathering data.
Running software that can also control RGB lights can deactivate Corsair iCUE cooler interface leaving you in dark.
To control RGB components efficiently and detect fans you must uninstall all other monitoring programs to avoid conflict.
Once you do it reboot your PC and manually reactivate driver:
- Open iCUE.
- Go to the SETTINGS
- Select Restart iCUE Service.
Fix 3 – Rearrange the fans on the hub
One user complained that he has a CommanderPro fan controller device and attached all fans with it. Now the problem is that iCUE detects all fan and their RPM but it can’t control the RGB component.
If you are also dealing with iCUE not detecting devices problem be it fans or RGB components then try this;
- Make sure that sure lighting channels on the fan controller are configured correctly.
- When fans are attached to the fan hub then you have to manually add these fans to the iCUE in an arranged manner. The reason is the iCUE doesn’t “detect” these fans automatically.
- Try to rearrange fans on the hub controller. The RGB fan operates in a sequence if the first fan in the hub doesn’t get a signal then it won’t pass them to the other. So one bad fan can take out the entire chain
Fix 4 – Specify fan as 4-pin PWM in the iCUE
Some of you may complain the iCUE is recognizing 1 fan or 2 and not detecting the other. It happens if you are controlling the fan speed via the fan controller. In the instant case for Corsair products, the CommanderPro is the best fan controller.
So if you detect that iCUE is not recognizing all fans then try these fixes:
- Go to the iCUE settings and specify the fans as ” 4-pin/PWM” fans instead of ” Auto“.
- To make sure you can also change fan headers on the fan hub.
Using this method you can easily fix iCUE not detecting fan problems. If the problem still persists then there’s only one fix left.
Fix 5 – Contact Corsair Support
If non of the above fix works for you and you are still facing iCUE not detecting LL120 fan, RGB components, fan RPM, keyboard, mouse, etc.
Then there’s only one way that is to make contact on the Corsair support page. Because there must be a fault in the device. If that product is under warranty they will replace it.
If there’s no fault then they will guide you to solve iCUE not detection problem.