Minecraft Legends players reported that when running the game it won’t launch o simply crash on startup. This problem has been causing a lot of frustration for players especially when they launch Minecraft Legends on PC or XBOX just to get an error.
This is multiple factors causing the Minecraft Legends won’t launch issue. The most prominent causes are outdated graphics card drivers, corrupt game files, cache, or other conflicting software.
If you are also haunted by the Minecraft Legends launching issue then read this article.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
How To Fix Minecraft Legends Won’t Launch?
Until the devs release patch apply our tested unofficial fixes to resolve the issue. Before applying the fixes we suggest you restart your PC, update Windows OS, and run the game with administrator access.
1. Verify the Integrity of Game files
Sometimes corrupted and missing game files also cause the MC Legends not to launch and crash issues. Follow the below steps to verify the integrity of game files.
- Launch the Steam
- Go to the Library and right-click on Minecraft Legends.
- Select Properties > Local File
- Click on the “Verify Integrity of the Game Cache“
- Now wait for the scanning process to complete.
- Restart your PC.
Verifying Game Files on XBOX or PC
- Select Minecraft Legends.
- Click on the three dots to the right of the Play button.
- Select Manage.
- Go to the File tab.
- Select the Verify and Repair option at the bottom and click the Yes button.
- The game will be Reset as original. (You are advised to create a backup of game files)
- Wait for Minecraft Legends to be scanned for errors and launch your game.
Repairing Game Files on Windows 11 PC
- Press Windows + I to open Settings > Apps.
- Open the Installed app section and locate Minecraft Legends.
- Click on the three dots to the right to open the Minecraft Legends options.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Scroll down and select the Reset section.
- Click on the Repair Button and then the Reset button.
- You will get a popup message saying the Minecraft Legends data will be reset. Press the Reset button again.
- Launch the game and check if it works.
- Reinstall the game as the final option if those options do not work.
2 Update Graphics Driver
It is confirmed that outdated graphics drivers cause Minecraft Legends won’t launch issues. So you need to update the graphic card drivers. Here’s how you can do it:
- Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters category and right-click on your graphics card.
- Right-click on the display driver and select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers and it will automatically update drivers.
- Restart your computer and launch the game to see if the problem is fixed.
Best Alternative to Update Drivers
Although each manufacturer has its own official site to download drivers it takes time.
Especially, if you are a newbie or you don’t have time or skills then there are chances that you might end up installing the wrong drivers.
So we recommend downloading Driver Easy software on your PC. This program is a professional system driver updater that automatically scans a PC’s old driver and updates them instantly.
We have personally used this tool on our Windows 11 PC. The most favorite part is its outstanding scanning feature. You can instantly know which PC part needs to be updated.
The Driver Easy is an N0.1 software updater tool in its field with a mega database of more than 600000 drivers. Users have been using this tool for the last 12 years to fix their PC errors.
So download Driver Easy and let it deal with all the system drivers.
3. Close Unwanted Background Programs
Try to close programs that are not needed. Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- Now check if the Minecraft Legends launching issue is solved or not.
4. Disable Steam overlay
Disabling the steam overlays boost the game’s performance. Many players experienced that disabling steam overlays mitigate the MC Legends launch issues.
- Open the Steam client
- Go to the Library
- Right-click on Minecraft Legends and select the properties
- Select the General section
- Now just uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay
5. Disable Third-Party Interferences
Sometimes antivirus software conflicts with your game files and leads to Game’s not launching issues. We recommend you temporarily disable your antivirus software or whitelist the gams executable file to prevent any conflicts.
6. Run in Clean Boot
Follow these steps:
- Open Run by pressing Win + R on the keyboard.
- Type the following command and click on OK: msconfig
- Go to the Services tab.
- Then, check Hide all Microsoft services and then click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Restart your PC.
7. Update the Minecraft Legends
Updating the game also helps to resolve Minecraft Legends’ launching issues.
- Open Steam and navigate to your library.
- Right-click on Minecraft Legends in your library
- Click Properties
- Select the Updates tab, and set Automatic Updates to High Priority