Are you one of the frustrated Minecraft players on PS4 facing the notorious issue of getting stuck on the red Mojang screen? If your answer is “YES,” then you’ve come to the right place.
This article is here to address the persistent problem that PlayStation users have encountered with Minecraft. Ever since the rollout of recent updates, many PS4 players have been grappling with the frustrating predicament of Minecraft refusing to progress past the notorious red Mojang Studio’s title card.
Instead of diving into the beloved blocky world, they find themselves trapped on this ominous red screen of inaction. But fear not, as we’re about to guide you through several solutions to help you swiftly conquer this issue.
Why is my Minecraft Not Loading on PS4?
When trying to pinpoint the causes of the Minecraft Stuck on Mojang Screen issue, we’ve identified several culprits that might be at play. This problem primarily rears its head due to improper game installation, or temporary glitches in the interaction between your system and the game.
How To Fix Minecraft PS4 Stuck On Mojang Screen
1. Reinstall Minecraft on Your PS4
First, you’ll need to reinstall the game. But before you do that, it’s essential to back up all your game data. Here’s how you can fix the Minecraft loading issue:
- If you have the Minecraft Disc Version, take the disc out and delete the game.
- Put the disc back in and reinstall Minecraft.
- If you have the Minecraft Digital Version, uninstall the game and then reinstall it.
- When I reinstalled the game using the digital version, there was a Minecraft update, and after that update, the problem was resolved. It should work for you too!
If reinstalling the game won’t help you solve your problem. Then check our below fixes one of which will surely help you.
2. Try This Combination To Fix Stuck on the Mojang Screen
Get the recent hotfix for PlayStation. Although it will clear your sign-in data when launching the game it will fix Minecraft PS4 stuck on the Mojang screen and crashing.
- You may also update the gamer version.
- Now Launch Minecraft
- When the initial loading screen appears, hold these Button combinations: L1 + R1 + L2 + R2 + OPTIONS + TouchPad.
- Buttons must be held on until the initial splash screen is removed.
- You will get past the Mojang Stucked loading screen.
3. Restart Minecraft on PS4
Start with the basics, close, and then re-open the game. Most of the time this simple tip fixes the Minecraft PS4 not loading problem. You can restart the game multiple times, in case PS4 still won’t load the game then try next to fix it.
4. Restart Your PS4
If Minecraft keeps stuck on Mojang’s screen then make sure that it’s not the PS4 that’s causing this problem.
- Try to Restart your PS4 and press the power button on your PS4 to turn it off.
- Disconnect the PS4’s power supply cable.
- Wait for 15-30 seconds.
- Plug in the power supply.
- Turn on the PS4 using the controller to let it boot up.
5. Disconnect from the Internet
If Minecraft on your PS4 is still getting stuck on the red Mojang screen, it’s worth trying to disconnect from the internet. Sometimes, the internet connection can be the cause of the problem. Here’s what you can do:
- Disconnect your PS4 from WiFi or LAN (the internet).
- After doing this, try launching Minecraft.
Minecraft Offline should load without any trouble now. However, if the issue still persists, it might be related to something else.
6. Update PS4 System Software
Make sure that PS4 system software is up to date to its the most latest version. Minecraft stuck on loading on PS4 can be associated with outdated system software.
Here’s how to update PS4;
- Go to the PlayStation 4 Home Screen.
- Select Settings > System Software Update.
- Install the latest PS4 update.
- Again Restart your PS4.
Now launch the game to check if the Minecraft PS4 not loading problem is resolved or not.
7. Update Minecraft on PS4
Developers keep releasing new versions of Minecraft to fix bugs and issues. If there’s any pending update of Minecraft on PS4 make sure to install it.
By default, Minecraft on PS4 is set to update automatically. If it’s not updating then you need to manually check for any update.
Follow these simple steps;
- Go to the PlayStation Home Screen.
- Go to Library and select the game you want to update.
- Press the options button and select Check for Update.
- If an update is available, follow the instructions to install the update.
8. Disable Discoed Overlay
If you are using Discord overlay that lets you chat with your friends while playing a game, then it may trigger not loading problem on PS4. You need to disable it, by following these steps.
- Open Discord
- Go to User Settings
- Select Overlay
- Move the slider to Enable/Disable in-game overlay.
9. Disable Mods for Minecraft
Minecraft players download mods that make gameplay more stunning in terms of graphics and motions. If you have recently installed a mod then disable it by uninstalling it from PS4.