F1 2021 crashing issue on steam at startup? Many users complaining about this issue. This F1 2021 is a motor racing championship game with stunning graphics and the latest features. But like many other games, F1 2021 keeps crashing issues can ruin your gameplay.
This issue ultimately frustrates the players and makes the game unplayable. But don’t worry you are in the right place to troubleshoot this issue. You will be able to fix the F1 2021 crashing issue after going through all the below fixes.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why does F1 2021 keep Crashing on Steam?
Windows 10 and 11 users usually face F1 2021 crashing on startup or mid-race. The problem starts with freezing or being unable to launch F1 2021 and ultimately ends with a total crash on Steam.
There could be various reasons that can cause F1 2021 to crash but the most common reasons are incompatibility of PC hardware to run F1 2021, lack of administrator access, outdated graphics drivers, issues with the game files, outdated game patch version, issues with the DirectX, or anti-virus protection issues
How to Fix F1 2020 on steam?
Before jumping toward the fixes you must check the system requirements. If your system is compatible enough to play the game then move towards the complicated fixes.
|System Requirements||Minimum Requirements||Recommended Requirements|
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit (Version 1709) | For Ray Tracing: Windows 10 64-bit (Version 2004)||Windows 10 64-bit (Version 1709) | For Ray Tracing: Windows 10 64-bit (Version 2004)|
|Processor||Intel Core i3-2130 or AMD FX 4300||Intel Core i5 9600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GTX 950 or AMD R9 280 | For Ray Tracing: GeForce RTX 2060 or Radeon RX 6700 XT||NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti or AMD RX 590 | For Ray Tracing: GeForce RTX 3070 or Radeon RX 6800|
|DirectX||Version 12||Version 12|
|Storage||80 GB available space||80 GB available space|
|Sound Card||DirectX Compatible||DirectX Compatible|
After ensuring that your PC is good enough to run the game, then look at the fixes below. In case your PC hardware is not supported to run the game then read this article to know what is the best pre-built gaming PC. An Upgrade on the PC will help you to fix your issues.
Fix 1. Verify the Integrity of game files
Sometimes missing and corrupted games can cause an F1 2021 crashing issue on steam. This case will mitigate by ensuring the game’s integrity. Here’s how you can verify in steam:
- Launch Steam and go to your Library
- Right-click on F1 2021 and select Properties
- Click LOCAL FILES on the left, then click Verify integrity of game files…. It may take some time to finish verifying the game files. If Steam finds anything wrong with the game files, it will re-download them from the official server
- Depending on the size of the game files, it may take some time to verify all your game files.
After verifying the process, re-launch F1 2021 on Steam to make sure that the crashing has stopped. If the problem persist then try the next fix below
Fix 2. Update your Graphics driver
Most of the time F1 2021 crashes on Startup in Steam because of outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance and fix the offline crashing on startup or while joining the game you need to update the graphics card driver.
There are two methods to update your system’s cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit the concerned site and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 3. Install the latest game Patch
The game developers mostly release game patches now and then to fix the bugs and improve gaming performance. There are also chances that the recent patch may cause some crashing issues on startup.
If the patch is available then it will be detected by Steam. These will automatically be downloaded and installed when you launch the game.
Now launch F1 2021 to check if the crashing issue gets mitigated.
Fix 4. Temporarily disable antivirus software
Third-Party antivirus software may block the game files which leads to crashing. You need to add both the game folders as an exception to your third-party antivirus application.
If it’s possible try temporarily disabling your third-party antivirus software before you play the game. Now run F1 2021 and check if the issue is mitigated by disabling antivirus software.
Fix 5. Update DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables
You need to update Microsoft C++ redistributables to ensure compatibility. If your PC is running on Windows 10, you need to perform a windows update by following these steps:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to open Windows Settings. Then click Update & Security
- Click Check for updates. Windows will start searching for available updates. If there are updates available, Windows will automatically download and install the updates
- If there are no updates related to MS Visual C++ you can download its installation files via the links below on your own and manually install them on your PC Visual C++ Redistributables
Restart your PC after you installed the Visual C++ Redistributables
Fix 6. Perform a clean boot
It is possible that certain application conflicts with F1 2021 which can cause the game to crash on steam. So you need to perform a clean boot in order to mitigate this issue.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run Dialog. Type msconfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window
- Navigate to the Services tab, check to Hide all Microsoft services, and then click Disable all
- Select the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click OK
- Click Restart to restart your PC
- Restart your PC and launch F1 2021 to check whether the game crashes again. If not, you need to open the System Configuration window again to enable services and applications one by one until you find the problematic software
Once you find out the problematic software that crashes F1 2021, you need to uninstall it to avoid game crashing issues in the future.
Fix 7. Run the game as an Administrator
Running the game as an administrator can help to resolve this crashing issue. To do this you need to go to the installation folder of the game and find the .exe file. Then, right-click on F1 2021 .exe file and select Run as Administrator.
Fix 8. Delete and Reinstall the F1 2021
If none of the above solutions works then you need to delete and reinstall F1 2021 to mitigate this issue.
You May Also Like These Articles
- How To Fix Microsoft Flight Simulator Slow Download Speed
- How To Fix Microsoft Flight Simulator 2022 Keeps Crashing To Desktop [Startup + Loading Screen]
- How To Fix Discord Not Loading In Chrome Browser
- How To Fix Samsung Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target Issue
- How To Easily Fix Windows 10 Freezes Randomly Problem