Do want an answer for why Avast scheduled scan not running on your Windows 10 PC? The real question that should be asked here is that why are you still running scheduled scans in 2021?
Avast free and premium versions are designed to check anything and everything you add, open, or change on your computer. So basically when you have an antivirus that is constantly “live” then you don’t need a scheduled scan. Right!
Still, if you are keen to know where Avast has hidden the scheduled scan option on their latest version. Then stick with us as we have explained how you can run a custom scan.
Table of Contents
Avast Scheduled Scan Not Running! Fix it
The problem of the scheduled scan not running only comes when you update Avast’s latest version. There are a lot of users who are complaining that they created the “Custom Scans” profile in Avast but once they updated the program. The scheduled scan option disappeared.
We think that the reason why the scheduled scan option is not being easily shown in their latest version is that it’s no longer necessary. So the developer has decided to “Bury it.”
But don’t worry this option is still even if you have the latest version on your PC.
How to Avast Schedule Scan in 2021?
So you probably wondering that if this option is still there then where is it. It will only take a couple of minutes to set a scheduled scan in Avast. Follow these steps.
- Double Click on the Avast icon to open it. Or go to the system tray and click on the Avast icon to run the program.
- From the left side click on the “Protection” tab.
- Click on the Virus Scan option.
- Now you will see two options “Boot Time Scan” and “Custom Scan“. Click on the latter option.
- Click on the “Create a New Scan” button and name your scan profile.
- Select “Frequency” i.e should it run a full scan once, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Also, select the starting time and date on which the custom scan should run.
- Now go “Back” to save the custom scan profile. A scheduled scan has been created that will run on the selected date.
Fix: After the update, the button for schedule setting disappear yet scan still happen
If that’s the case then you have two options.
- Get help via online repair
- Re-install the program afresh
How to Uninstall Avast Completely and Install Afresh
Unlike other Windows programs that you can instantly uninstall using the control panel’s add or remove option. You cannot easily uninstall Avast. You need to follow some steps;
- First, download and run the Avast Uninstall Utility. When prompted, click Yes to start your PC in Windows Safe Mode.
- Ensure that the Avast uninstaller properly identifies your Avast installation location.
- Now click “Uninstall” and “Restart” your PC, then delete avastclear.exe.
- To reinstall Avast Antivirus, download and run the relevant installation file from the Avast website. Click Install and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your PC to complete the installation.
Note: Make sure that you activate all Avast Antivirus products using the existing activation code or by signing into the Avast account.