Does Valorant crashing on startup or it’s crashing mid-game without giving any error? Here is the solution to fix this issue.
Players have started complaining that Valorant keeps crashing when they run it on their PC. Some of them started reporting that crashes occurred right after they updated their PC or games patch.
if you are also dealing with Valorant that keeps crashing on PC then apply the below fixes.
Give a look and you will be able to fix your crashing and freezing issues yourself.
UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- Why Does Valorant Keep Crashing my PC?
How to Fix Valorant Crashing
- Fix 1. Make sure your specs meet the minimum requirements
- Fix 2. Close resource-hungry software
- Fix 3. Update your graphics driver
- Fix 4. Install all Windows updates
- Fix 5. Stop overclocking
- Fix 6. Lower in-game settings
- Fix 7. Temporarily disable your Windows antivirus Program
- Fix 8. Perform a clean boot
- Fix 9. Reinstall Valorant and Vanguard
- Fix 10. Set High Priority in the Task Manager
Why Does Valorant Keep Crashing my PC?
There can be several reasons behind that Varolent Crashing on PC.
However, the most common issues for experiencing Valorant Crashing on PC are:
- PC configuration isn’t meeting the system requirements
- Using an outdated graphics driver
- Outdated Windows version
- An Outdated DirectX version
- Outdated game version
- Corrupted or missing game files
- Running Overlay Apps
- Security software blocking issues
How to Fix Valorant Crashing
You don’t need to apply all of the fixes at once. Just work your way down the list until you find the right solution.
Fix 1. Make sure your specs meet the minimum requirements
Valorant is a graphically demanding shooter. If you are playing on a 10-year-old then that PC specs don’t meet the recommended requirements.
Check below the minimum requirements to run Valorant smoothly without crashing:
Minimum requirement of Valorant (30 FPS):
|Operating System||Windows 7 / 8 / 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel Core 2 DUO E8400|
|Memory||4 GB RAM|
|Graphics Card||Intel HD 4000|
In case your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements then you need to upgrade your gaming PC.
Fix 2. Close resource-hungry software
Another possible reason could be your system run out of RAM. Make the free-up memory for the game, close the resource-hungry programs before starting the Varolant.
Here’s the steps:
- Right-click on the empty space of your taskbar, then select Task Manager from the menu
- Click the Memory tab to sort processes by memory usage. If you find any programs that are consuming lots of memory, select them and click End task.
- When you follow this fix then launch Valorant and see if the crash happens again
If you are still facing the issue, then give it a try to the next one.
Fix 3. Update your graphics driver
Valorant keeps crashing issues arising on Windows 10 and 11 PC because of the outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. To improve gaming performance you need to update the graphics driver. There are two methods to update graphics cards i.e. Manual and Automatic.
In the manual method, you need to visit NVIDIA/AMD sites and search for the latest compatible drivers and download them on your PC. If you don’t have relevant skills then there are chances that you might install the wrong drivers.
So we suggest you adopt an automatic method in which you need to download Driver Easy on your PC. This tool will automatically scan your PC for outdated graphics drivers and update it instantly.
Fix 4. Install all Windows updates
Some gamers predicted that installing/updating windows can fix their Valorant crashing mid-game problem. If you haven’t updated yet then try this fix.
Follow the below steps to check for windows updates:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I (the i key) at the same time to open the Windows Settings app. Click Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates. It’ll automatically download and install all the available updates. This process might take up to an hour depending on your Internet speed.
Once you installed windows updates, but still you are going through game crashing after update and it disturbs you in mid-game, then checks out the next fix below.
Fix 5. Stop overclocking
Overclocking might interfere with the potential of your hardware. Many gamers reported that they enjoy their game by turning off overclocking.
If you are also running overclocking utilities such as MSI Afterburner and Intel XTU (Extreme Tuning Utility), then turned it off before launching Valorant.
If Varolant still crashing after you stopped overclocking, then take a look at the next fix below.
Fix 6. Lower in-game settings
Lower in-game settings can also solve many problems related to performance and graphics issues
- For this, launch Valorant and go to Settings > Video > GRAPHICS QUALITY.
- Change your setting and then lower graphics.
If Lowering graphics doesn’t help you in your case, then try the next fix below.
Fix 7. Temporarily disable your Windows antivirus Program
Some players predicted on Reddit that some antiviruses (e.g. Avast), might have mistaken Varolent of Vanguard as a potential risk to your system. If you are suffering from that case, instead of whitelisting programs one by one you can try disabling your antivirus temporarily.
If this trick doesn’t give you luck, simply turn your antivirus back on and continue to the next fix.
Fix 8. Perform a clean boot
Some other programs might conflict with your game. If this happens then performing a clean boot could help you to get rid off Valorant crashing.
Follow the below steps to perform a clean boot:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box. Type msconfig and hit Enter.
- In the pop-up window, navigate to the Services tab and check the box before Hide all Microsoft services.
- Uncheck all the services EXCEPT those that belong to your video card or sound card manufacturer, such as Realtek, AMD, NVIDIA and Intel. Then click OK to save the changes.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl, Shift, and Esc at the same time to open Task Manager, then navigate to the Startup tab.
- One at a time, select any programs you suspect might be interfering and click Disable.
- Restart your computer.
If Valorant crashing after you launch it again, then try the next fix below:
Fix 9. Reinstall Valorant and Vanguard
Reinstallation restores game settings and repairs corrupted files. You can try Reinstall Valorant and Vinguard.
Here’s the Steps:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box. Type or paste control /name Microsoft.ProgramsAndFeatures, then click OK.
- Double-click Valorant and Riot Vanguard to uninstall them.
- Go to the Valorant website and download the game installer. Once done, launch the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install Valorant.
If it doesn’t work then follow the next fix below.
Fix 10. Set High Priority in the Task Manager
Make your game a high priority via the Task Manager to tell your windows system to run the game properly.
Here’s how you can apply this fix:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the Valorant game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
- Now, run the Valorant game to check if it Crashing on PC or not