Are you having trouble with VRChat not loading or opening on your Oculus Quest 2? Many VR enthusiasts enjoy the immersive social experience offered by VRChat, but technical issues can sometimes hinder the smooth operation of the application.
Users have reported various problems, such as slow loading times, getting stuck on the “initializing world” screen, inability to join worlds, avatars not loading properly, connection timeouts, and encountering error code 100.
These issues can be frustrating, but there are several troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve them. In this article, we will explore potential solutions to help you get VRChat up and running smoothly on your Oculus Quest 2.
Causes Why VRChat Stuck on Loading Screen Loop
Whether you’re experiencing VRChat not loading issues, ‘Cannot Connect to VRChat’ errors, or VRChat not responding when playing or stuck at loading avatars or worlds. The main causes are usually corrupt game cache, internet connection problems, or the game itself.
Other most common causes include:
- Interference of antivirus/firewall program.
- Corrupted VRChat game cache/temp data.
- Misconfigured DNS or IP settings.
- Outdated or corrupted graphics card driver.
How To Fix VRChat Not Loading Quest, Worlds, Avatars, Friend-List
If you cannot boot into VRChat or VRChat gets stuck on loading or while playing you see Cannot Connect to VRChat errors, or VRChat not responding. There are a few things you can try.
1. Restart Your PC
The very first thing that you should do is to close the game and Restart your PC. Once the PC turns on, do not run any app instead VRChat and see if it has fixed VRChat not loading screen.
2. Rename Parse. settings File
In your %Userprofile%/AppData/LocalLow/VRChat/vrchat folder locate a file known as parse.settings.
Right-click on it to rename it to parse.settings.bak and relaunch VRChat.
3. Update Graphics Card Driver
Outdated or faulty graphics card drivers can affect your gaming experience. If you are running your GPU with old drivers the VRChat not loading problem will occur.
Make sure that you have installed the latest graphics card drivers on your PC. To update graphics card drivers there are two methods: Manually or Automatically.
We recommend the automatic method as it’s more secure fast and easy for every user. All you need is to download the Driver Easy program on your Windows PC.
The Driver Easy is the industry’s No.1 system drivers updater software. Just download and install it on your PC. Once you run it click on the Scan Now button and it will start scanning all the outdated drivers in your system.
Once the scanning process completes you will be presented with a list of system drivers that need degradation.
Click on the Update All button to update all the drivers at once or choose any single driver to update.
4. Modify Steam Launch Options
If the VRChat won’t load quests, and worlds, and is stuck in an infinite loop then try to change the launch option and then run the game.
Follow these steps:
- Open Steam and Click on Library.
- Right-click on VRChat and choose to open Properties.
- Within the General tab, click on Set Launch Options.
(This will load you into Zarniwoop’s Avatar Dungeon)
(Hyperdimension of OziCom)
(X1 Seisoken City)
To enter a different world, just change the world ID accordingly.
5. Download VPN Software
Many users who were dealing with VRChat not loading problems instantly resolved their issue by downloading the VPN software on their PC.
If you care about security and speed, or you avoid using free VPN services because they cause lag. Then, we recommend you download Nord VPN or ExpressVPN as these are the best VPNs for gaming.
6. Clear VRChat Temp Files
While playing the game when you meet new friends or create custom avatars the file size grows bigger causing Cache corruption.
To make sure that VRChat runs smoothly on your PC, delete unnecessary files occasionally.
To delete these temp files follow these steps:
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R and type in %temp%.
- Scroll down and find the folder named “VRChat”.
- Delete this folder and start up your game.
7. Disable IPV6
Sometimes the VRChat internet connection problem triggers a not loading error. If your router or system can’t support IPV6 then make sure you disable it. It will instantly fix VRChat not loading screen issue.
Follow these steps:
- Press Win + I to open Setting > Network & Internet.
- Under Advanced Network Settings select Change Adapter Options.
- Right-click the Internet connection you’re using and select Properties.
- Under the Networking tab, scroll down to uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6).
- Click OK to save changes and relaunch the game.
8. Add VRChat in Antivirus Exception
Users on Reddit claimed that antivirus software blocks game files. If you have installed such software it may be causing the internet connection to slow.
To fix this issue you need to add VRChat as an exception in your antivirus program. Alternatively, you can also disable antivirus software from running in the background.
Follow the steps below to add an exception for the game.
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings app.
- Navigate to Update & Security > Windows Security and click Virus & threat protection from the right pane.
- Click Manage Settings under the Virus & threat protection settings section.
- On the new page, scroll down to the Exclusions section and click Add or remove exclusions.
- Click Add an Exclusion and choose Folder from the drop-down list. Find and select the installation folder of VRChat, and then click the Select button to add it to the exception list.
9. Repair System Files
If the above solutions don’t work then you need to check if there are any corrupted system files on Windows 11/10. Some chances shared DLL files might be missing hence causing DLL to file error.
You need to restore these corrupted, missing files without reinstalling the Windows OS. The best method to fix these files is to download Restoro on your PC.
This tool is the best Windows repair tool that automatically scans programs that are not loading due to missed files.
10. Delete The VRChat Registry
Another tested solution is to delete VRChat’s registry. this fix has proved to be the workable solution for VRChat not loading, or being stuck on initializing.
Follow these steps to delete said registry files:
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R and type in regedit then press Enter.
- Here follow the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > VRChat.
- Now delete the folder named VRChat inside the main VRChat folder.
11. Re-install VRChat on PC
The second go-to solution to fix VRChat not loading should be reinstalling it again on your PC.
You need to uninstall VRChat from your PC. Make sure that tall the game files situated in AppData are also removed. Now Reinstall the VRChat package and check it has fixed the issue.