Dealing with Division 2 crashing…… You can fix it easily.
Lately, players are reporting that while playing Division 2 suddenly crashes or freeze. Sometimes it freezes after a few seconds on startup.
Those who have recently updated Division 2 or installed the latest game patch they are also dealing with division 2 crashing on the loading screen.
It’s a very annoying problem that thousands of Div 2 players are reporting but it can easily be fixed.
Table of Contents
- Causes of Division 2 Keep Crashing or Freezing
How To Fix Division 2 Crashing on Windows PC
- Fix 1. Set the Affinity of AntiEasyCheat to One Core
- Fix 2. Verify Your Game Files On Steam
- Fix 3. Set the Size of Your Page File to System Managed
- Fix 4. Run Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Fix 5. Disabled Steam Overlay and Ubisoft Overlay
- Fix 6. Update Graphics Card and If Required Lower In-Game Graphics Settings
Causes of Division 2 Keep Crashing or Freezing
The most common causes that trigger crashing or freezing are,
- Incompatible issues.
- Inadequate page file size.
- Outdated or faulty graphics card drivers.
Another major cause of modern game crashing is CPU overheating. So you need to regularly check CPU temperature on Windows 10 PC so that you can maintain normal CPU temp while gaming. You can use plenty of third-party CPU temp monitoring software for this purpose.
Tip – Run the Division 2 from the game launcher instead desktop shortcut if it keeps crashing. It has helped many users but doesn’t press alt+tab while running, Ubisoft games don’t like it.
How To Fix Division 2 Crashing on Windows PC
Here’s a list of tested and verified solutions that have helped many users. Just work your way down the list until you fic the right solution to fix Div 2 keep crashing problem.
Fix 1. Set the Affinity of AntiEasyCheat to One Core
The most common reason for Division 2 crashing could be the EasyAntiCheat. Many users have fixed this problem by following these steps:
- Run Division 2 on PC.
- While running thr game just when you reach the charcter selection. Open Task Manager.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and choose Start Task Manager from the list.
- Click on More details Tab to expand Task Manager. From the given list search for the AntiEasyCheat entry under the Name.
- Right-click on this entry and click the Set CPU affinity option, deselect all, except CPU Core 1.
Running AntiEasyCheat with just one CPU core seems to fix Division gameplay crashing. Restart your PC and check if it solved your problem.
Fix 2. Verify Your Game Files On Steam
Sometimes games files on steam get corrupted that’s why your games keep crashing. To fix this issue, you need to verify the game files. Here is how to do it:
- Launch Steam.
- Select the Library tab. Then right-click Division 2 from the game lists, and click Properties.
- In the pop-up window, click the Local Files tab and choose Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
Wait patiently when Steam is verifying the game files. Once it’s completed, click Close.
You can apply the same steps on Uplay and Epic Game Launcher. Now Restart Division 2 to check if the crashing or freezing problem is solved.
Fix 3. Set the Size of Your Page File to System Managed
The insufficient RAM also causes PC game crashing problems on Windows 10. To fix it follow these steps,
Press Windows + I > System > About > Advanced System Settings
- A new windows (System Properties) will appear, here click on Advanced Tab > Settings.
- It will open Performance Options here again click on Advanced Tab > Change.
- Under the Virtual memory section, checkbox “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” and click OK
Restart the game and check if the Division 2 crashing problem constantly appearing.
Fix 4. Run Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter
It’s a built-in Windows utility that mainly checks and fixes programs incompatibility problems. Especially if you are running Division 2 with DirectX 12 then compatibility problems may arise.
Apply these steps,
- Go to the Folder where you have installed the Division 2. Right-click on the file Division.exe and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and then click Change high DPI settings. In the new windows check the box next to Override high DPI scaling behavior and select Scaling performed by: Application. Then click OK to save the changes.
- Tick the box next to Disable fullscreen optimizations and click OK.
Fix 5. Disabled Steam Overlay and Ubisoft Overlay
The Division 2 crashing problem might be arising because you have enabled Ubisoft Overlay.
This feature interferes with the important components of the game resultantly causing crashes.
To stop this problem disable Ubisoft or Steam Overlay.
- Open Ubisoft Overlay
- Click on the “Menu” button on the top left corner and select “Settings”.
- In settings, click on the “General” tab and uncheck the “Enable in-game overlay for supported games” option.
Now check if this problem persists.
Fix 6. Update Graphics Card and If Required Lower In-Game Graphics Settings
Outdated or corrupted graphics cards are the major cause of game crashes on Windows PC. Update them using the third-party driver updater tools. You can find the list of best driver updater software here, to begin with.
You can also try lowing in-game graphics settings to see if you can resolve the game crash issue. Here is how to do it:
- Open the game settings. Then go to Graphics tab.
- Set Shadow Quality and set it to Low.
- Set Spot Shadows to Low.
- Turn off Contact Shadows.
- Set Particle Detail to High.
- Set Reflection Quality to Low.
- Set Vegetation Quality to Medium.
- Turn off Local Reflection Quality.
- Set Ambient Occlusion to Medium.
- Set the value of Object Detail to 50.
- Set Terrain Quality to Medium. Then save all the changes.