Are you dealing with Roblox Error Code 403 with the message “An error was encountered during authentication. Please try again.” Error 403 means a bad request and you don’t have permission to access the page.
Apart from the above error message you may also encounter Access Denied 403 error when trying to play a specific Roblox game.
In this article, we are going to help you fix the error code 403 in Roblox
Possible Causes of Roblox Authentication Error 403
The main culprit that causes the 403 error while playing a game or in Roblox Studio are:
- The game file is corrupted
- Misconfigured internet connection settings
- Roblox server status is down or under routine maintenance
- You are trying to play the Roblox game using VPN
- Corruption in the Roblox cache folder. or
- DNS server settings are wrong
How To Fix Roblox Error Code 403 (Encountered Authentication)?
Here we have mentioned some effective ways to get rid of error code 403 in Roblox, if one does not work for you then maybe the next one will work.
- How To Download Roblox FPS Unlocker V4.4.2 On Windows And Use It?
- Download Roblox Shaders: How To Install And Use Shaders Presets On PC/Mobile
- How To Fix Roblox Unable to Update Error on Mac & Windows?
1. Check the Roblox Server Status
403 error means no access to the requested path. It happens when the Roblox server is down due to any reason. Before moving toward actual fixes make check the Roblox Server status.
2. Clear the Roblox Cache Folder
Accidental shutdown or virus attacks may corrupt the cache folder and causes Roblox error code 403. You need to delete the cache folder of the Roblox app and then play the game again.
Follow these steps to remove the cache folder.
- Press Windows + R and type %localappdata%.
- Here you will see the Roblox folder open it up.
- Select all the files and Delete them permanently.
3. Disable Antivirus and VPNs
You may want to access any specific game that is geo-restricted. To access these games you will need to use VPN. These gaming VPNs may cause disruption in internet speed.
So it would be wise to uninstall any third-party VPN and then play the game.
4. Reinstall Roblox
If you are still dealing with Roblox error code 403 then try to reinstall the game on your PC. To do so follow the given instructions:
How to Uninstall Roblox from the PC?
- Hit the Windows key and type Control Panel and click on the first result. Control Panel will open.
- Click on the Programs and Features, all the applications installed on your PC are here.
- Find Roblox from the application list and click on it.
- Next, to Organize, there is an Uninstall option at the top bar, click on it.
- Now click on OK to confirm.
- Hold on until the uninstallation completes.
- Roblox is removed from your PC, now download and fresh version and install it again.
How to Install Roblox on a PC?
- Firstly, go to Roblox’s official site.
- Sign in by pressing the login button, if you have an account. If you don’t have then create one by filling out the sign-up form.
- After logging in, choose your desired game and click on the green play button.
- Next, click on the Download and Install Roblox button. The installation file will be downloaded then click on it, to install Roblox.
- Then, click the OK button from the newly appeared window.
- Click the Join button, back on the webpage, and then again click on Open Roblox to start playing the game and check if the issue is resolved.
5. Run SFC and DISM Scan Command To Fix Roblox 403 Error on Windows
If still, you are unable to get rid of this error then it may be resolved by verifying the integrity of the system through the command prompt. Follow these directions to do this:
- Type Command Prompt in the search box by pressing the Windows key.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and a sub-menu will appear then click on the option run as administrator.
- In case, any User Account Control will pop up then select Yes / Allow.
- Then type /sfc scannow, and press enter.
- Hold on until the process completes and check whether it is fixed or not
If the issues persist then run the DISM tool to restore the system’s corrupted files and repair them.
- Launch Command Prompt with admin rights.
- Type the following command and press Enter.
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
6. Run An Antivirus Scan
Through Windows Security, you can run a full scan on your system to remove or wipe out any error or threat which is causing Roblox error code 403.
- Press the Windows key and type Windows Security and click on the first result to open it.
- Then click Virus & threat protection.
- Choose Quick Scan.
- You can also run a deep scan by clicking on the Scan options.
- Here choose Full scan and then click on Scan now.
Now restart the system, and error code 403 on Roblox should be fixed. You can also add Roblox to the defender reception list for that read our in-depth article on How To Fix Avast Won’t Let Me Run A Program
7. Add an Exception in Windows Firewall
Oftentimes, Windows Firewall blacklists several applications such as Roblox from working well and then you get the error 403 on Roblox. Thus, check whether your Windows Firewall restricts entry to Roblox or if it is a Roblox studio application. If Roblox is blocked by the Firewall then derestrict it as soon as possible to fix this error.
8. Delete Entries from Registry Editor
To solve the Roblox error, deleting the problematic entries from the Registry is also a way to get rid of this error. To do this practically, follow these guidelines:
- First of all, press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run Prompt.
- Type Regedit, and press the Enter key.
- From the left side of the window click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE, and a sub-menu will pop up.
- Click on Permissions and give Full Control to the user.
- Select OK, close the editor and restart your system and start Roblox.
This is all from our side, hopefully, your Roblox error code 403 is resolved. But if the error still bothers you then contact Roblox Support, they have online support services.