Ring of Elysium crashing on startup or it shows an error before crashing that EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. When users launch Ring of Elysium they started seeing a white windowed screen and then a crash occurs.
Are you stuck where the Ring of Elysium keeps crashing on startup or randomly closes in the middle of the gameplay, then read our solutions?
UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS
in Windows 11, 10 and 7
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Table of Contents
- First: Check System requirement To Play Ring of Elysium
- How To Fix Ring of Elysium Crashing on Startup
- Fix 1. Modify EuSystemSettingsConfigCurrent.xml File
- Fix 2. Turn off AntiVirus Software
- Fix 3. Update Graphics Driver
- Fix 4. Install The Latest Game Patch
- Fix 5. Verify The Integrity of Game File
- Fix 6. Close Unecessary Programs
- Fix 7. Optimize In-Game Settings
- Fix 8. Ring of Elysium not starting Reinstall It
First: Check System requirement To Play Ring of Elysium
If you are playing Ring of Elysium on PC you should check if it meets the minimum requirements to play it. In case there’s a deficiency you will see random crashing errors and stuttering.
|Operating System||Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel i3 8130U(2Cores, 2.3GHz)||Intel i5 2500(4 Core, 3.3HGz)|
|Memory||4 GB||6 GB|
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA GeForce GT 730||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050|
|Network||Broadband Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection|
|Storage||10 GB||10 GB|
|Sound Card||DirectX-compatible using the latest drivers||DirectX-compatible using the latest drivers|
You can upgrade your gaming PC and play any modern PC game.
Note: If your GPU won’t meet the requirements then you will see the Ring of Elysium black screen problem as well.
How To Fix Ring of Elysium Crashing on Startup
If the Ring of Elysium crashes, there are no controls, no sound in the game, errors happen in Ring of Elysium. We have the fixes to solve these problems.
Fix 1. Modify EuSystemSettingsConfigCurrent.xml File
Try these steps that users on Reddit found and it really fixed the crashing problem for him.
- Go to the C or D drive where you have installed Steam.
- Go to the Steamapps > Common > Ring of Elysium > User Data.
- Right Click EuSystemSettingsConfigCurrent.xml & Open With Notepad.
- Next Locate this line “eFullScreenMode=”EFSM_FullScreen“. For you it might say EFSM_Exclusive“.
- Change only “EFSM to EBM” Do not change anything else.
- Save the file and open the game as normal through Steam.
This will open your game in Windowed Mode and once in you can change to Borderless. try not to change to FULLSCREEN, If you did it will start crashing again.
Fix 2. Turn off AntiVirus Software
You will face a Ring of Elysium crashing error if you have installed the antivirus software on your PC. These tools interfere in the proper execution of games because they consider some game files as threats.
Either disable them running in the background or simply uninstall them from your PC.
Fix 3. Update Graphics Driver
One of the most common causes that cause Rings on Elysium crashes is the outdated graphics driver. Make sure that you are playing games with the latest graphics driver.
It’s important that you have the latest graphics driver on your PC, for that there are two methods Manual and Automatic.
In the Manual method, you will have to visit the AMD/NVIDIA sites and locate the compatible driver to install it. to do that you are required to have computer skills and patience.
If you are a newbie then we recommend you to download Driver Easy which is the No.1 PC driver updater software. This tool automatically scans and update all the outdated driver helping you play games seamlessly.
The Driver Easy has a Free and Paid version to download on PC. If you download the Free version then it will scan and update the driver one by one.
On the other hand, if you want to update a driver a go then buy Driver Easy’s Pro version which comes with customer support and a 30-days money-back guarantee.
Fix 4. Install The Latest Game Patch
The developers of the Ring of Elysium regularly release new updates/game patches that fix bugs and performance-related issues.
If you didn’t have installed the game patch the Ring of Elysium will crash on startup or even show you a black screen.
To fix this issue you need to install the game patch from their official site and then play the game.
Fix 5. Verify The Integrity of Game File
The Ring of Elysium crashing on startup error is showing up because there might be game files that got corrupted or missing.
To fix it you need to check the integrity of game files using the Steam launcher. During this process, Steam will scan the missing files and replace them with new ones.
Here’s how to run this process:
- Open Steam launcher.
- Click on Library.
- Right-click on thre Ring of Elysium and choose Properties.
- Click on thr Local Files and choose Verify Integrity Of Game Files.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Once it finishes playing the game to see if the crashing or launching problem is resolved.
Fix 6. Close Unecessary Programs
If you are running the Ring of Elysium with multiple applications you are prone to see the crashing or stuttering issues.
It is because multiple programs use more resources leaving less for games. You need to close all those programs that are not required.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Click on Processes.
- Locate apps that are consuming more resources and right-click o it to End Task them.
Fix 7. Optimize In-Game Settings
Wrongly configuring the in-game graphics settings can cause game issues like freezing, lagging, and crashing.
You need to optimize settings and here’s how to do it right:
- Run your game.
- Click on the Settings from the bottom left corner.
- Click the Quality tab, and then modify these settings
- V-Sync Disabled.
- Monitor Mode Fullscreen.
- Graphics Quality Low.
- Anti-Aliasing Low.
- Auto Recod Highlights disabled.
- Clicl Apply and then play the game.
Fix 8. Ring of Elysium not starting Reinstall It
This solution has worked like a charm for many players who are dealing with launching problems. It happens if the game file is not installed properly.
If you keep dealing with crashing then try to uninstall the game using Steam and then uninstall the Steam launcher.
Remove all the traces from your computer and then reinstall it.